Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

I wouldn't call a 6.9 average rating exactly good for this kind of movie. And you know that's only gonna go down. We're not even close to 100 reviews yet.

Are you willing to take my bet???

I wouldn't call a 6.9 average rating exactly good for this kind of movie. And you know that's only gonna go down. We're not even close to 100 reviews yet.

The rating usually stabilizes around 50 reviews. It shouldn't go any further down than like 6.7 now. Edited by tribefan695

from 5 fresh reviews you deliberately picked out. I can do the same thing for many movies

Your point? You asked, I delivered. Not my fault you don't like the answer.

Not sure about average rating, but I think Thor was still in the high 80 percents around 50 reviews. Ended at 77%.

Its average rating was always in the high 6s, even when it started out over 90%. Edited by tribefan695

Your point? You asked, I delivered. Not my fault you don't like the answer.

the point is the reviews are not overall negative in any way and there is absolutely nothing in the reviews indicating this is bad film. Yet people are doing their best to twist it to make it look that way.

or it could go up like it was doing for a while

Probably unlikely at this point. 70 reviews is a pretty big sample. It's +/-2 at this point most likely.Not that a 78% is bad. It's a perfectly acceptable score, certainly better than what it was looking like a month ago.

the point is the reviews are not overall negative in any way and there is absolutely nothing in the reviews indicating this is bad film. Yet people are doing their best to twist it to make it look that way.

Bad? No. Middle of the road and unnecessary? Very likely. And that most definitely won't cut it with TASM especially once TDKR hits. I mean you do realize even SM3 got 63% 6.2 average rating on RT right? So finishing around 70% 6.5 average rating is really not much more impressive no?

Spoken like someone who hasn't read a single review! Congrats! You are even more delusional then iJack!

Absolutely nothing you say? From another 'fresh' review from some guy that writes for the Irish Times.

When, however, the movie escapes the origin story and moves on to the requisite hero-vs-maniac action, much of the wind saps from its sails. Part of the problem lies with the choice of The Lizard as an antagonist. Who wants to watch Spider-Man battle a combination of the Toxic Avenger and a rubber-suited monster from 1957?

More seriously, Webb fails to make the action sequences buzz. If there is one conspicuous distinction between his vision and Raimi’s, it concerns the decision to reject the bold visuals that (in the first picture, at least) recalled the primary-coloured simplicity of the original comics. The film doesn’t quite sink into Dark Knight gloom. But a terrible drabness does take over in the final half hour.

Oh well. They can address that issue in the next reinvention. The way things are going, we should see that in about six months.