Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

8 hours ago, ban1o said:

omg really wow? The trailer makes it seem really weird and Jupiter Ascending like. Is it true like this was the inspiration for Star Wars. 

This movie inspired Star Wars? 

My interest is pique but the leads are killing  my need to see it in a theater.

I dont understand why has this a 180M budget? I mean, the people at EuropaCorp must know that this cant make any profit right? And why is :qotd: still getting lead roles? So many questions....wait why is Rihanna in this??

On 22/03/2017 at 3:06 PM, TalismanRing said:

As did the John  Carter books.

Hopefully this performs better but I'm doubtful.   He really should have got more appealing leads.

I liked John Carter as a movie, and it had a great potential as a sequel, don't understand what happened :(

On 3/24/2017 at 10:11 AM, Arlborn said:

Is it my obvious bias speaking or is that actually a pretty good face poster? It looks like that to me.

They're boring, way too airbrushed, shots but worse - the point of using faces is because the actors are popular and their face and name are driving the film.  That isn't the case here so why do this?  Why not have a shot of the inventive colorful world promised in the trailers?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

"Legendary" director? Lol OK.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They're boring, way too airbrushed, shots but worse - the point of using faces is because the actors are popular and their face and name are driving the film.  That isn't the case here so why do this?  Why not have a shot of the inventive colorful world promised in the trailers?

On 3/24/2017 at 11:22 AM, kayumanggi said:

That's a lazy poster.

ttth.gif

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I liked John Carter as a movie, and it had a great potential as a sequel, don't understand what happened :(

It came with so much baggage as the budget and Stanton spiraled out of control that the knives were out for it a bit.  Then the marketing wasn't good.  I enjoyed it but it has a leading man problem  - he's stiff and dull in this and it's a bit bloated and sluggish.    Still it has good points - a great leading lady, interesting supporting characters and some fantastic epic world building.  I'd have liked to revisit that world in sequels.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It came with so much baggage as the budget and Stanton spiraled out of control that the knives were out for it a bit.  Then the marketing wasn't good.  I enjoyed it but it has a leading man problem  - he's stiff and dull in this and it's a bit bloated and sluggish.    Still it has good points - a great leading lady, interesting supporting characters and some fantastic epic world building.  I'd have liked to revisit that world in sequels.

Let's hope for a remake someday, with Star Wars being back and all that could be some good material.

12 minutes ago, Xillix said:

"Legendary" director? Lol OK.

He is a really big deal in some market, specially France, Lucy was in top 5 in 2014 there.

In France he was known in 2011 by 97% of the movie going audience and was popular among 59% of those who know him.

Those number are not that far from Steven Spielberg (know by 97%, 75% of them being fan) and better than Tarantino (known by 88%, 53% of them being fan) he is certainly a big legend there and no other french director would have achieved to get that budget/law change in france for him to get tax credit for a french movie I would think.

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

the point of using faces is because the actors are popular and their face and name are driving the film.  That isn't the case here so why do this? 

I think here it is also a way to show the name of the character (Valerian and Laureline) , those comic book sold millions of copy, I would imagine there is fan of the character out there.

• Like 2