Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Fly low and you won't have far to fall.My mom drilled that into me as a child!

Can she catch a fly with chopsticks too?

As I type this a message appears '16 new replies have appeared in the 10 seconds it took you to write this much, would you like to show them?'Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and weep quietly in a corner somewhere. :stretcher:

A message from Disney: There is no reason to weep. Instead, be BRAVE....now playing in a theater near you. Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Don't forget the mysterious bit from the Sony exec that Nikki offered as a direct quote:An additional $10m would've put the number at $27m..... exactly in the range Rth originally posted. TASM "over-performed" by an additional $8m.

Do you really think they could have Puerto-Canadad it that much?

No, not really. But something fishy was happening. By 6pm Tuesday, a Sony exec was telling Nikki they were hoping for another $10m. Let's assume he was low-balling, and they were figuring it'd be a bit higher. Are you telling me Sony underestimated demand by 80%.... when it was already late afternoon on the West Coast?

Ok I give up, I surrender....I've been trying to keep up with reading through this thread, but I've been in and out of London all week, not much time on the internet, and every half day or so I check the thread and there are 10,000 more posts. :wacko:It wouldn't be so bad if the breakdown of the posts wasn't:50% pictures of crows25% iJack mass ramblings15% counter whining to iJack10% legitimate discussion of the movie's performanceAs I type this a message appears '16 new replies have appeared in the 10 seconds it took you to write this much, would you like to show them?'Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and weep quietly in a corner somewhere. :stretcher:

It's posts like this that make this place so much fun to hang out at.Well done sir....well done.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Assuming $23.4m Wednesday:

Thu: $16m (-32%)

Fri: $18.9m (+18%)

Sat: $21.4m (+13%)

Sun: $18.8m (-12%)

3-day: $59.1m

6-day: $133.5m

This is about where I see it landing with a relatively optimistic trajectory of $260-275m domestic. Still not too shabby compared to the worst case scenario many of us thought would happen before Tuesday.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

Seriously how does the rest of the week looking to you guys?

Honestly, how can anyone predict anything at this point? We don't even know if we can believe the numbers that Sony reported for the past 2 days. It's really hard to extrapolate from the data Sony reported because Sony hasn't been trustworthy.
  • Like 1

A message from Disney: There is no reason to weep. Instead, be BRAVE....now playing in a theater near you.

Wise words Walt.Might help to erase the constant images of crow on a plate that keep popping into my head.

Assuming $23.4m Wednesday:

Thu: $16m (-32%)

Fri: $18.9m (+18%)

Sat: $21.4m (+13%)

Sun: $18.8m (-12%)

3-day: $59.1m

6-day: $133.5m

This is about where I see it landing with a trajectory of $260-275m domestic. Still not too shabby compared to the worst case scenario many of us thought would happen before Tuesday.

This is about where I have it as well. I just had dreams of 300 yesterday that were quickly squashed. Sony was just teasing me...basterds... :kane: