Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Guys, guys, guys, I've figured it all out. Sony took the $2.5m from SPIDEY 3 and gave it to TASM's OD. But then that wasn't enough, so they took $3m from Wednesday to give to Tuesday. Now they need to borrow a couple million from Thursday for Wednesday... and so on. The odd man out is Sunday, so be prepared for a larger than expected Sunday drop. :rofl:

• Like 4

Guys, guys, guys, I've figured it all out.Sony took the $2.5m from SPIDEY 3 and gave it to TASM's OD. But then that wasn't enough, so they took $3m from Wednesday to give to Tuesday. Now they need to borrow a couple million from Thursday for Wednesday... and so on. The odd man out is Sunday, so be prepared for a larger than expected Sunday drop. :rofl:

:rofl:Sunday = -65% :P:lol:

Thank god for this. Now I can feel like the world is at balance again.baumer, aren't you supposed to know this stuff? :lol:

No.I'm a mod. I help keep the peace and help keep the place running by making people co-exist properly. There are a plethora of technical things here I know nothing about.
  • Like 1

Sony has 6 days to fuck with the numbers however they want. I'm not believing a single damn report until actuals come in. And maybe not even then.OD: 32? 35? 35.85?4th: 23.7? 23.4? 22.7? $23.1?It's as if Sony said, "Puerto-what? We'll show them how it's REALLY done!"

Canada's to blame. :lol:

I mentioned that there were plenty of people who said it would increase today or slightly decrease, here is some of them:

RTX mentioned that it would do 20-25 today,

Lab said nothing to suggest it would drop that low, should stay above 30 pg 135

Fullbuster said RTX's predictions is totally preposterous: pg 135

fake said: I'd expect it to stay flat without midnights.

Lordmandeep: Early projection for the 6-day is around 150 million.

fullbuster: My prediction of 170M will be close With that $300M would be a lock :)

Gopher said 28 mill

I won't even say what Ijack said, no point.

Even I said it would fall only 5% from the number without midnight.

So this is a much bigger drop that any of us thought it would be, except RTX...give him some credit.

I have to admit. RTX is very good when he's not biased. Nobody will give him credit because of his ridiculous Avengers predictions. He lets his bias get in the way of anybody taking him seriously. But he is good when focussed.
  • Like 2

Liked merely for the use of "plethora".

Dude, there's like a tonne of shit that I don't know dick about.

Better? :)

THURSDAY AM, 6TH UPDATE: It’s no w official – Sony Pictures says domestic gross for its The Amazing Spider-Man is $59.2M. Wednesday’s $23.4M was the 2nd biggest Fourth Of July at the box office on record, not surprising because of the 3D premium. The studio’s estimate for Tuesday has increased to $35.8M with anadditional $850K from Canadian pre-shows. Based on the performance of the Spidey reboot the past two days, Sony is revising the 6-day estimate upward from the expected $110M-$120M to $120M-$130M or more. According to MovieTickets.com, domestic box office ticket sales for The Amazing Spider-Man accounted for over 59% of all transactions for Wednesday, with 11.6% coming from moviegoers who want to see it in IMAX 3D. Universal’s Ted accounts for nearly 10.5% of all transactions, showing strength leading in to its second weekend.