Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Is anyone going to help me out with this >>>

What is TF1's midnights? and was it added on tuesday gross?

TASM got 7,5m midnights and was added to it's tuesday gross, so go back to the 2nd question if the answer is no, why not?

Just found out that TF1 midnights were 4,7m back in '07, but were those added in Tuesday gross people?

And did TASM have monday night previews?

Is anyone going to help me out with this >>>Just found out that TF1 midnights were 4,7m back in '07, but were those added in Tuesday gross people?And did TASM have monday night previews?

Yes, TF1's midnights were included in the Tuesday gross. What I'm saying is the $8m it made on Monday would have primarily gone to Tuesday if the film didn't open on a Monday night. Sony claims Spidey had around $800,000 in Canadian previews on Monday night.

Let me see I am very confused here.What is TF1's midnights? and was it added on tuesday gross?TASM got 7,5m midnights and was added to it's tuesday gross, so go back to the 2nd question if the answer is no, why not?That might be the blame for my confussion.

This reminds me of the VCR scene from City Slickers:
  • Like 1

Yes, TF1's midnights were included in the Tuesday gross. What I'm saying is the $8m it made on Monday would have primarily gone to Tuesday if the film didn't open on a Monday night. Sony claims Spidey had around $800,000 in Canadian previews on Monday night.

Greedy studios are fucking my mind up. I will blame them for everything that goes wrong with me today or tonight where ever you might be. :lol:
  • Like 2

Weren't there evening previews in Canada? A number of people posted 8 PM and 9 PM sellout reports from Canada. BTW, Sony is saying that the movie made 35 million dollars without including Candian previews so I don't see how this is similar to the Paramount situation.

Edited by TLK

Weren't there evening previews in Canada? A number of people posted 8 PM and 9 PM sellout reports from Canada. BTW, Sony is saying that the movie made 35 million dollars without including Candian previews so I don't see how this is similar to the Paramount situation.

It's similar because they added it a day and half later. They knew the gross from previews so why wait till Thursday.

It's similar because they added it a day and half later. They knew the gross from previews so why wait till Thursday.

Sony never released any official numbers until Thursday. Their estimate for Tuesday was $35 million and I really don't see any controversy unless they were trying to package Canadian previews as part of their opening day, which they obviously aren't.

I know why it would seem confusing, but I have no better way to explain it now. Let me look around my head and see what I can find.

Tawasal, I thank you for this post. Truly. I've had the worst fucking commute from work and had some bad news delivered and when I read this, I've been laughing hysterically for the past minute. May not be the best post on this site, but it's certainly my favorite. I can't like this on my phone, but it's the first thing I do when I get to my PC.

Tawasal, I thank you for this post. Truly. I've had the worst fucking commute from work and had some bad news delivered and when I read this, I've been laughing hysterically for the past minute. May not be the best post on this site, but it's certainly my favorite.I can't like this on my phone, but it's the first thing I do when I get to my PC.

Really a candidate in one of the best posts of the year. I am going for a sequel in 2 years time.Thanks buddy.

well to be fair this movie will likely still make 900M WW and the sequel will likely be even more successful. So in the end, this will be successful overall so I don't think there will be much regrets in making it

Holy smokes it that happens. :o

Fitting for such a mediocre film.

I haven't seen any connection between box office results and which movies I like personally. Some of my very favorite movies underperformed or bombed at the BO. (Duck Soup, Office Space, Shawshank Redemption, Wizard of Oz, Let Me In, Kick Ass, Watchmen)

Reboots:

Batman Begins 1st 2 days: 24 Million (Non-3D)

Superman Returns 1st 2 days: 32 Million (Non-3D)

The Amazing Spider-man's 1st 2 days: 59 Million (3D)

Begins Adjusted: $253,716,500

Returns Adjusted: $241,930,200

These two are the bar for me as they both are in similar situations as being Reboots of a comic book hero after 5 or more years where the last film wasn't received well.

Interesting. I too thought this could be another Batman Begins due to the situation being so similar.

The reason TF1 increased is because it blew off $8m in demand on Monday night. If it had a regular Tuesday opening, a vast majority of that $8m would have ended up in Tuesday's gross. So it effectively dropped, just not as bad as Spidey.

Took me long time to realize I missed the point in this post.
  • Like 1

Sony never released any official numbers until Thursday. Their estimate for Tuesday was $35 million and I really don't see any controversy unless they were trying to package Canadian previews as part of their opening day, which they obviously aren't.

You maybe right but it looks bad.