Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Ray is predicting TDKR to make $850m overseas without 3D. In other words, Ray sucks at his job.

Yeah but it's not like this guy is out to praise Asm. I mean read the July preview. Also when it comes to the opening weekend numbers for blockbusters they are usually fair

Yeah but it's not like this guy is out to praise Asm. I mean read the July preview. Also when it comes to the opening weekend numbers for blockbusters they are usually fair

Fair or out to praise it has nothing to do with it. He just sucks at projecting and predicting.

It needs good holds to hit $140m for the 6-day. Can't afford another awful day like Wednesday.
  • Like 1

I think Ray and other analysts are expecting a strong Friday-Sunday for some reason. As I mentioned earlier, Sony was predicting 120 million after the 35 million opening but they upgraded it to 130 million after Wed. numbers. I don't think Thursday is going to be a good day for TASM as I am not expecting a good hold at all so either everyone is just winging it or they are seeing something (strong presales for this weekend. Maybe ?) that we are not.

I think Ray and other analysts are expecting a strong Friday-Sunday for some reason. As I mentioned earlier, Sony was predicting 120 million after the 35 million opening but they upgraded it to 130 million after Wed. numbers. I don't think Thursday is going to be a good day for TASM as I am not expecting a good hold at all so either everyone is just winging it or they are seeing something (strong presales for this weekend. Maybe ?) that we are not.

And yet if we look at tracking we see the opposite should happen. The MTC/RS rule suggests that TASM should make below 50m this weekend. Not saying it will, but that is what tracking indicated. And the rule has worked all summer outside of TA. Edited by MovieMan89

And yet if we look at tracking we see the opposite should happen. The MTC/RS rule suggests that TASM should make below 50m this weekend. Not saying it will, but that is what tracking indicated. And the rule has worked all summer outside of TA.

The actual tracking that studios rely on had TASM making between 130-150 million.