Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

From BOM: For The Amazing Spider-Man to have the same midnight haul, even with inflated ticket prices and a more hospitable release date, is a minor accomplishment for sure.Someone intentionally forgot to post this. Hmmm.

I didn't post it because it is incorrect. SM3 made 10M midnights ;)

The sound of twisting and turning, the escalation and desperation, the avid eyes looking for glimpses of hope that this will underperform for their own shady reasons... yeah, I can smell it. The American Holiday seems that will be very interesting for The Amazing Spider-Man. :shades:

Twisting and turning. That's what Sony seems to be doing by saying its midnight number is the same as Spider-Man 3 when SM3's midnight number was reported to be 10M. Edited by Jay Beezy

Have fun with Nikki's early estimates, guys. :)I will be back when we have the evening update.

Nikki already released OD numbers?! Madness arrived!

Sony says it is exactly even with SM3's midnight numbers. Do you know more than the studio now???? :rotfl:

7.5 does not equal 10 so yes. Sony also wrote in their press release the sky was chartreuse today.

"The Marc Webb-directed film, which stars Andrew Garfield as the web-slinger, cost a hefty $230 million to produce. Because July 4 falls on a Wednesday this year, Sony is opting for the unusual strategy of opening the film on a Tuesday in order to take advantage of the holiday crowd."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-spider-man-box-office-20120702,0,909163.story