Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

The thing about this spin is that it doesn't make any sense. Would Sony really have come off worse if they just said that it matched Iron Man 2's midnight number, without mentioning the two others it clearly did not match?

They wanted to compare to their own movie. That temptation was just too strong to not do it.

It's because they are Mr. Exaggeration!Trust me, the 7.5 M number is higher than what they were expecting. Lol.These people didn't even make predictions. All they did was hate on this.Have they seen the film? NOT YET.

Plenty of people have seen it now, including now baumer and myself. But by all means, keep digging that hole. Facts are being presented here and you're conveniently ignoring them.

I'm just seeing people that are pro Spidey happy and excited with the number without overexaggerating, while "the haters" are having meltdowns while they are allowed to. Which I find amusing. :lol:

What happened to Teh Avengrz walkups that you said was gonna happen last night?

What is next? TASM opens with 30M and they say it is up there with SM3, TDK and The Avengers? Oh Sony...

Sony says, "Yeah, but it's Tuesday! If it was Friday, we would made, like, sixty mill!" Edited by RichWS

I can find the post where you said the high end for you was 550M.

If you can find it easily, please post it. I want to end his back-peddling. If not, then don't worry about it. I don't want you to waste your time digging through all his posts.

Wait a fucking minute, morons!

Did Sony ever say that SM3 made 7.5m midnights? It was Nikki who said that the result was same as SM3, DMC etc.

The Sony exec said : “We’re right up there with big boys", which means they are in the same ballpark, not exactly precise, but not that far off, either.

Edited by Fake

Plenty of people have seen it now, including now baumer and myself. But by all means, keep digging that hole. Facts are being presented here and you're conveniently ignoring them.

FACTS? IGNORING? Wow. I don't freakin know what you are talking about.

I'm just seeing people that are pro Spidey happy and excited with the number without overexaggerating, while "the haters" are having meltdowns while they are allowed to. Which I find amusing. :lol:

HA, and what per say do the haters have to have "meltdowns" about? :lol: That it had a middling midnight that came nearly $3m short of SM3's after 5 years of inflation, IMAX, AND 3D? You TASM believers have always wanted to compare it to SM3 in admissions, well here's your first chance and guess what it's failing miserably in comparison like I said it would all along. So it made a mil more than the $6.5m I predicted for midnight? Well good for it, it's still an entirely unremarkable number. ;)

The thing about this spin is that it doesn't make any sense. Would Sony really have come off worse if they just said that it matched Iron Man 2's midnight number, without mentioning the two others it clearly did not match?

Don't you think you're taking things a little bit too literal, maybe? "With the big boys" means that they would list some examples. Anyway, it seems silly to me. But move on, you're all grown ups I believe.

Maybe didn't want to be associated with IM2 since he was previously known as a second rate superhero. And Thiz Iz Spidurrmanz!