lilmac

Least favorite boxoffice runs

Can someone please explain what Shriekapoo is? I've been wondering for such a long time and I've been sure it was like Shrek 3 or something, which I loved.

The third film in LOTR trilogy. Although, it got a even more well-known name "Shitto".

All the Harry Potter films' numbers were hard to watch as a mega-fan. Each time the hype had me convinced that this one would be different, and yet always dropped like a rock. I never learned.The summer of 2007 was one big disappointment, too. It was supposed to be the most epic summer for numbers ever and never materialized. S-M3, Shrek 3, and POTC:AWE missed the mark big time and HP:OOTP decreased in admissions from GOF (itself having reversed the trend after POA). Transformers was the only standout.

Edited by pmoore
  • Like 1

Sucker Punch (Disappointing run), Scream 4 (I cried whenever I saw this films gross), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (boring run. It just died after the first three days), The Dark Knight Rises (at least right now things aren't looking good), Friday the 13th (2009), and The Chronicles of Narnia 3 (this run was just painful to watch)

Every twilight film! How does such a bad franchise do so well? Honestly is beyond me.

Ehh, say what you will of the films' (dubious) quality, but they deliver the goods as far as the fan base is concerned. And if approached in a particular ironic light, they can be fun to watch for all sorts of reasons that neither the filmmakers nor the author of the books intended (think of Riff Trax and its ilk).Looking elsewhere in the thread, I'm in a bit of disbelief that the Harry Potter movies have popped up. They may not have smashed a plethora of records, but they all made pretty darn good money, especially once the overseas performance was added in.