Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

7.2 brave not sure, I had orig 5.8 would say a top would b 6.5

Wow, so big difference between the two of you. Strange that she has it so high.

Spider-Man is certainly only secondary to Avengers as far as overseas appeal when it comes to Superheroes, but there are still limits. Spider-Man 1 & 2 nearly performed exactly the same, and it was Spider-Man 3 that brokeout in Asian markets. TASM will have to basically equal SM3's overseas take to meet these $800m+ predictions.

You're right and it won't happen.

Summer 2007, SM3 was THE event.

Summer 2012, TASM is not THE event.

He's too good looking. They'll keep pushing him and pushing him no matter how many bombs. Just like Colin Farrell.

:ph34r:

Colin has screen presence, it's undeniable.

Just from Tigerland, you could sense it.

Like a young Russell Crowe.

People like to bash him because of his gluts of movies in 2003-2006 but he has rebounded and he's here to stay.

Unless he commits something stupid in his private life or something.

He's allowed to post, but just not in Spiderman threads. And he's mad at me. I still haven't figured out why yet.

I think the real reason is his ego is shattered.

It's always about this with some, here.

No, But it doesn't matter

In a way, it is for me."Event" status fitted so well to Spider-Man... this year, it feels like "one among many others..."Maybe he will gain it again with the sequel.After all, Batman movies from 89 to 97 were THE event of their release time.BB wasn't.TDKR regained the "event" status.

:ph34r:Colin has screen presence, it's undeniable.Just from Tigerland, you could sense it.Like a young Russell Crowe.People like to bash him because of his gluts of movies in 2003-2006 but he has rebounded and he's here to stay.Unless he commits something stupid in his private life or something.

I'll tell you a quick story about Farrell, he is a definite humanitarian as well. He's been coming to TIFF for years and one year, he found a homeless man living on the streets in Toronto. Farel not only bought him a meal, he bought him a life. He gave him clothes food and some money. He took him on a shopping spree at an expensive store in T.O. This was the first time they met. The second time, a month later he came back and he saw the same guy again, still homeless. This time he paid rent for him for a year in an apartment and the man has been on the road to recovery ever since.http://www.looktothestars.org/news/372-colin-farrell-makes-homeless-mans-yearhttp://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/entertainment/movies/article/16671--colin-farrell-helps-toronto-homeless-man-turn-life-aroundI'll see any and every movie Farrell is in because of this act of generosity.

Oh!I didn't know any of this.Really, he's definately not a "man-starlet-famewhore-carreer-obsessed".

I'll see any and every movie Farrell is in because of this act of generosity.

I understand this but private life better not being a reason to see/not see a movie...I despised Mel Gibson attitude but still a LW fan and Passion was breathtaking.I disagree with TomCruise philosophy but still saw MI4 twice in theatre.