Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

Damn if TA fell over 50% to TASM, the TASM loonies better get ready for a 70%+ drop for their beloved Spidey when TDKR opens. :D

silly. TASM won't lose theaters.

Yeah.... Talk about a "meh" box office run compared to expectations. In the end it does less than Wanted, that's a surprise... And way less than SWATH for that matter.

I want to shoot them in the head.

Especially the Inception ones.

Co-sign, to add to this, a reboot is like a spring-board. You bring a dying/dead series from the grave and then the sequels reap the benifits. Begins reestablished Batman and the sequel exploded. That's the blueprint and model (Though I'd again say Lucas was the one who popularized Prequel/Rebooting a franchise with Episode I). Nolan should get the credit for doing it for superhero. TASM is on pace to sell more tickets than Begins, Returns, 1st Class, X-men Origins making it the #1 comic book reboot of all time.

ASM could become the biggest reboot of all time.

Isn't the current champ Star Trek with 257 m?

What happened to -35% estimate for Ted?

I know right? I'm not denying it's a fantastic drop still but freaking Nikki again overestimates films I want to do better.

Welp TASM is doing good but what's the point of a reboot if you're going to gross less than all the other films unadjusted and with 3D boost?? I'm sure Sony wasn't hoping for that when they announced project.

Um, let's be honest here. First Spider Man has dropped with every sequel meaning it maxed out of the gate so there's a "limit". Second, I don't think anyone realistically expected it to outgross Spider Man 3, after all it has the stigma of being a breakaway and also that Spider Man 3 sucked. Third, 3D is overrated in terms of adding gross to films, if you're not massive, it has no real effect.

TASM:2nd weekend: 30m (-54%)3rd weekend: 10m (-67%)4th weekend: 5.5m (-45%)$245-250m total

I don't think ASM will miss 265 m.If it has good to great legs as WOM and the weekend increases would suggest it could make over 280 m.

Yeah.... Talk about a "meh" box office run compared to expectations. In the end it does less than Wanted, that's a surprise... And way less than SWATH for that matter.

It doesn't deserve any more. If it were of Inception quality, if it had an actual script, it would've been disappointing with this gross, but it's all on itself, Lindelof and Scott for this poor-ish performance. They had a chance to make a classic instead of a clunker.

I don't think ASM will miss 265 m.If it has good to great legs as WOM and the weekend increases would suggest it could make over 280 m.

Ice Age will steal kid audiences next weekend, then TDKR will knock it off the face of the earth after that. This is one movie where good WOM (if it even has that) won't matter. Edited by MovieMan89

Um, let's be honest here. First Spider Man has dropped with every sequel meaning it maxed out of the gate so there's a "limit". Second, I don't think anyone realistically expected it to outgross Spider Man 3, after all it has the stigma of being a breakaway and also that Spider Man 3 sucked. Third, 3D is overrated in terms of adding gross to films, if you're not massive, it has no real effect.

I wish 3D was no extra cost to consumers.. then it could expose these box office runs for what they really are. In TASM case it has to have added at least $30m to the six day... that is fucking huge boost. The $30m gap between Prometheus and SWATH becomes a $50m gap... The Hunger Games leapfrogs TS3 and Lion King into the top 10 all time domestic, etc etc.And not to mention, if there was no extra cost, then studios would simply give up on this shallow fad which adds close to nothing to the actual moviegoing experience except of course the bottom line. Edited by The aDIM Legacy

Oh...Brave over Spider-Man, i don't believe it anymore.

Yeah it's not looking good for Brave. Especially with Ice Age coming next weekend. Never in a million years would have predicted TASM over Brave DOM, so I was definitely wrong there.