26 members have voted

1. 1. Rat Scream 4

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

While I liked it, it was too much of a comedy. Yes there has to be comedic parts to it due to it being Scream, but there was zero scares or tension.

The best part was Emma Roberts beating the crap out of herself. :P

With that I still give it a B/B-

Nothing will ever top the originals opening, but Scream 4's opening was pretty clever. The film itself was SO much fun though, just waiting on Scream 5 now...

I meant the original Scream 4 opening.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzMyAUX1X4It needed brushing up but the idea is pretty disturbing. I like it better.
  • Like 1

You're the dumb blond with the big tits (who then runs up the stairs)Scream 4 is a minor miracle. It not only furthers the story of Scream, it updates it. When Scream came out in 96, there was no social media, there was no Blair Witch Project. It was simply a couple of killers who took their love of movies too far. They terrorized people using a coded cell phone. That's about as inventive as they got.It worked brilliantly as Scream became one of top 25 films of all time. With horror legend Wes Craven directing a fresh and brilliant script by newcomer Kevin Williamson, Scream poked fun at and paid homage to all the horror films that came before it.Here we are 15 years later and the trick is to somehow stay true to the tone of the original while updating it for today's post-Twitter generation. That can be a tricky thing. Look at the utter failure of Zombie's Halloween. It was a reboot and it tried to walk a fine line between keeping the tone of the original and Zombie adding his own flair. It didn't work at all. But this time, Craven and Williamson have made a ridiculously brilliant film in Scream 4. All the witty dialogue, all the irreverent nods to the horror films of the last 50 years, all the hot young women, and all the goofiness of some of the other characters that we love, it's all here. The film even gets ballsy enough to tell you that it is basically following in the footsteps of the original. So when it tells you this, you try to piece it all together and see if you can figure out who's doing the killing.As much as I like to be surprised at the end of a horror film, or any good who-dunnit, it isn't very often when I can't figure out the Scooby Doo endings. But I was honestly baffled in this one, right up till the very end when all is revealed. Kudos to the script and to Craven for really keeping you guessing.The story has Sidney returning to Woodsboro for the ten year anniversary of the killings. She has written a book about her harrowing experience and it has gone on to be a best seller. As soon as she arrives, the killings start again and that familiar voice is taunting her and her niece and her friends. Emma Robertson is her niece Jill and Hayden Pantierre plays her best friend Kirby. David Arquette and Courtney Cox reprise their roles and then you can add in all kinds of excellent cameos or small roles from the likes of Anthony Anderson, who plays Deputy Anthony Perkins...wink wink..nudge nudge...and Kristen Bell and Anna Paquin.Soon the locals start getting bumped off, but in much more gruesome fashion than other Scream films. There are plenty of stabbings and the outcome is bloody and gruesome. In an homage to Wes Craven's original fright film Last House on the Left, one of the victims actually has their intestines laying beside them. It was a very shocking, albeit quick moment, but it was there.The film really plays up the fact that the killer wants to up the ante in this one. The killer is using the internet to broadcast the kills and this makes the killer incredibly sick. And when you find out (during the talking killer part, when the killer, instead of just killing their victim, explains the whole plot to them) what the motivation is for this killing spree, you just might stand up and cheer. I'm not sure if Williamson or Krueger wrote the last part about not having to work for fame anymore, you just have to have messed up stuff happen to you, but regardless of who did, it's one of the most brilliant and apropos lines I've ever heard.Scream 4 is miles better than the last one and imo it even surpasses the very good Scream 2. I am ready for a fifth. The movie really takes you back to what I loved about Scream 1 and 2. Sidney's been through a lot, but I think she go another round or two.9/10

• Like 3

F

Spent a quid and 28 pence on this. Fucking waste of money. I don't know why I did so and didn't just download it considering I found the previous 2 terrible.

Thank God it did so badly at the box office. This isn't smart, it's not funny, like usual for this franchise it makes no sense.

I'm not sure why movies like Battle: Los Angeles and Adam Sandler movies get bashed upon and this is "classic" when the story is just so poor. Maybe that's the point? It's a spoof? Well, it doesn't work. This doesn't reinvent it doesn't do anything. It's cliched, generic, full of poor writing and illogical conclusions.

F

Spent a quid and 28 pence on this. Fucking waste of money. I don't know why I did so and didn't just download it considering I found the previous 2 terrible.

Thank God it did so badly at the box office. This isn't smart, it's not funny, like usual for this franchise it makes no sense.

I'm not sure why movies like Battle: Los Angeles and Adam Sandler movies get bashed upon and this is "classic" when the story is just so poor. Maybe that's the point? It's a spoof? Well, it doesn't work. This doesn't reinvent it doesn't do anything. It's cliched, generic, full of poor writing and illogical conclusions.

Wow! I've never heard anyone feel this awful about it. Strange.

I was genuinely excited for it too but missed it in the cinemas, and thankfully, now it seems.I thought it would be more like the original but it's basically the sequels all over again, no character involvement, sequel for sequel's sake, out of character decisions etc.

I love this film.Whats encouraging is, that although it underperformed at the US box office, it spent 9 weeks inside the rental top 5. So I'm guessing people are discovering it more now in the states. And whenever I search Scream4 on Twitter, theres always loads of results from people watching it, seemingly for the first time.I just hope we get a Scream 5.

• Like 4