A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

5 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Oh, you haven't seen the last of me. I WILL post my club, and it will be groundbreaking:

NO VIDEOGAME MOVIE OVER PRINCE OF PERSIA - EVER!! (2016 FOR STARTERS)

How's that, eh?? It'll teach the ungrateful folk to cherish what they have - WHILE they had it.

Seriously, can I post this club (in this subforum)?

It is a great club!

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

I do.

I'm not a fan, not that much into popular music either but she does have some catchy songs, which i can't say for that Kanye dude. Hip hop / rap is stupid. Opinions, i know...

Uh Stronger, Good Life, All Of The Lights, Mercy, American Boy, Niggas In Paris, Run This Town, Heartless, Runaway and Gold Digger weren't catchy?

A lot of those fall under pop/hip hop too.

EDIT: I barely listen to todays Top 40 radio. But I hear a lot of what's popular through remixes.

I would say Kanyes had more catchy singles then Taylor Swift but I'm probably a lot older then a lot of people on this forum.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

If there is irony, I am immune to it.

Your post brought bittersweet tears of joy - and sorrow - to the eyes of the Shay.

May the gods of entertainment (Joel Silver himself) smile again on the ungrateful unwashed masses.

There is no irony.

I love Prince of Persia

• Like 2

May the Gods smile on you in particular then, brother.

But for the Shay it is too late. I am already consumed by hatred and vengeance. I just released my club, that will bring doom to the videogame movies genre.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RichWS said:

Kanye's music is great. Yeezus is great. I Am A God is great.

Hollywood keeps trying to match the awesomeness of putting Jesus Walks on the Jarhead trailer. This was a slightly awkward fit. 

Nothing beats this one:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Uh Stronger, Good Life, All Of The Lights, Mercy, American Boy, Niggas In Paris, Run This Town, Heartless, Runaway and Gold Digger weren't catchy?

A lot of those fall under pop/hip hop too.

EDIT: I barely listen to todays Top 40 radio. But I hear a lot of what's popular through remixes.

I would say Kanyes had more catchy singles then Taylor Swift but I'm probably a lot older then a lot of people on this forum.

Swift has no where near the hits Kanye has. You don't have to be an oldhead to recognize that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

Swift has no where near the hits Kanye has. You don't have to be an oldhead to recognize that. 

The fuck are you talking about?

Taylor's last album sold 10 million copies... Kanye's last album sold 700,000...

• Like 5

i've never heard a kanye west song in my life so can't judge him, though I do admit i like taylor swift.. but just from like an objective point of view, the statement "Taylor swift has nowhere near the hits Kanye has" is incorrect, stop lyin'

23 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

The fuck are you talking about?

Taylor's last album sold 10 million copies... Kanye's last album sold 700,000...

That's your problem, Kanyes been around for way longer then that. Not every single of 1989 was a radio hit either. All the songs I listed except Runaway charted on Billboard and there's a lot more too.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

That's your problem, Kanyes been around for way longer then that. Not every single of 1989 was a radio hit either. All the songs I listed except Runaway charted on Billboard and there's a lot more too.

OK put it this way then, every single Taylor Swift album sold more than every single Kanye West album. his biggest selling album sold less than her lowest.

And so what not every single song is a smash hit? her songs are still way more popular than his.

And what is Billboard?

18 hours ago, MrPink said:

Not even the Prince of Persia sequel that we so desperately deserve?

tumblr_m8tarzuwZR1qeiocm.gif

PoP is the best video game movie. I'm not sure if this is a compliment or extremely damning criticism of the other video game movies

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

OK put it this way then, every single Taylor Swift album sold more than every single Kanye West album. his biggest selling album sold less than her lowest.

And so what not every single song is a smash hit? her songs are still way more popular than his.

And what is Billboard?

But by hits, I was referring to like radio singles man. Like songs that play for a long time. Billboard is Americas music chart.

Not really. They both have about the same number of radio singles that have had actual staying power.

Kanyes last album also had all sorts of release issues do to not wanting to release it on that streaming platform.

Most of Kanyes biggest radio hits were from before 2011. But when they were big, they were really big.

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

PoP is the best video game movie. I'm not sure if this is a compliment or extremely damning criticism of the other video game movies

Come on, dudes. Movie's got Assassins* (Hashishin)! Whole seven of them!! What more can you possibly want??

* The Hashishin were the real Assassins - not those Ass.Creed clowns. Each of them in PoP wielding their own distinct weapons and powers.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

oh and WOW. kanye west has songs that made it into the top 100 sales? it's like last weekend that hank williams biopic ended up in the top 100 movies at the box office! smash hit!