The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I need to see the movie again, but I have a question. And feel free to point out the error in my logic. But what purpose did Selina Kyle serve anyway? To get a thumb print? For a man who worked for Bane? Who was partnered with a woman who spent a lot of time with Bruce Wayne? And had access to things Bruce touched?

The scene at the Dent Day Party showed that up to that point Miranda/Talia nor anyone else beside Alfred had contact with Bruce for many years. That's why Daggett hired Selina to get Bruce's fingerprints.
  • Like 2

The scene at the Dent Day Party showed that up to that point Miranda/Talia nor anyone else beside Alfred had contact with Bruce for many years. That's why Daggett hired Selina to get Bruce's fingerprints.

On top of that, the fingerprints were used to authentic certain stock trades which resulted in Wayne being bankrupt. Of course Wayne could claim fraud but it would require time to prove such a thing. The logistics of this of course follow movie logic though Edited by MrPink

Color me confused about Mexico pit. I thought it was clear that it was located in some Muslim country. Talia mother`s house didn`t resemble a hacienda nor her clothes were Mexican. I doubt she`d be dragged in traditional clothes across the world to be placed in the pit. Just doesn`t make sense.Besides, if Mexico was mentioned, it may be as a rumoured location but not as where it really was. Plus, wasn`t that part filmed around Jodhpur? I doubt it they would go to India for Mexican location,lol.

Just watched it.I enjoyed it. Catwoman steals the movie. Bane is good but not much of a presence. The ending I have mixed feelings about. Its a good ending but not anywhere near the emotional level people were selling it as plus I guessed the ending 20 minutes into the film when Alfred stated his wish. It did not flow as well as TDK.Overall 8/10

Regards to Blake. Blake explanation was a little cute. Blake said that as a kid he was always very angry after both of his parents were killed(his father more then likely in front of him) that's why he was sent to the boys home. He said that it took him to long to put on a mask to the world to hide his true emotional state. He said that when Bruce visited the boys home Blake saw that same mask on Bruce. From that he deduced that Bruce Wayne was Batman.

Yeha, I ddin`t like that "we orphans all wear masks" psycho-babble either. Just say that you figured out that Batman sports some cool gadgets that can belong to either military or some filty rich guy. And considering that Batman operates exclusively in Gotham, and doesn`t move around the country or world, you cna nix military. That leaves a filthy rich guy. Who could that be, I wonder?

Noctis is closer to the mark. Although never stated, except as a more ancient part of the world, the pit was either northern India but more likely one of the "stan's". Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan.Why would we need to see his journey back to Gotham? Of course he would be able to get back unseen. He's Batman/Bruce Wayne. He spent 7 years living off the grid.Regards to Blake. Blake explanation was a little cute. Blake said that as a kid he was always very angry after both of his parents were killed(his father more then likely in front of him) that's why he was sent to the boys home. He said that it took him to long to put on a mask to the world to hide his true emotional state. He said that when Bruce visited the boys home Blake saw that same mask on Bruce. From that he deduced that Bruce Wayne was Batman.I thought I must have missed something on my first viewing so I paid more attention to that bit on my second. That's all the explanation the Blake realising Bruce is Batman.

You forgot Pakistan. :P

On top of that, the fingerprints were used to authentic certain stock trades which resulted in Wayne being bankrupt. Of course Wayne could claim fraud but it would require time to prove such a thing. The logistics of this of course follow movie logic though

Plus with the Talia reveal later on you see that at this point Miranda/Talia was coming at Wayne from two sides. Either Daggett would be successful and gain control or Miranda had positioned herself as Wayne's white knight. Bane's comment just before he killed Daggett was a very small hint that something else was in play.

Yeha, I ddin`t like that "we orphans all wear masks" psycho-babble either. Just say that you figured out that Batman sports some cool gadgets that can belong to either military or some filty rich guy. And considering that Batman operates exclusively in Gotham, and doesn`t move around the country or world, you cna nix military. That leaves a filthy rich guy. Who could that be, I wonder?

I don't think it's a stretch to say that some of those elements only confirmed it further for Blake. I look at it as a matter of resources and desire. The resources thing leaves little to the imagination, not many could have that tech. But Bruce's persona may throw off a lot of people, but not Blake. So put the 2 together, and it becomes obvious to him Edited by MrPink

I don't think it's a stretch to say that some of those elements only confirmed it further for Blake. I look at it as a matter of resources and desire. The resources thing leaves little to the imagination, not many could have that tech. But Bruce's persona may throw off a lot of people, but not Blake. So put the 2 together, and it becomes obvious to him

I`ve no problem with Blake figuring out because he was good at it throughout the movie. I just wished we got a better explanation than "kindred spirit" shit.`m actually happy someone figured it out cause it was impossible that billionaire-by-day-masked vigilante-with-expensive-not-on-the-market-toys theory didn`t occur to Gordon back in BB let alone end of TDKR. I mean, c`mon! Edited by fishnets

I got to say I'm bummed Nolan's calling it quits after this movie. The Dark Knight Rises is entertaining, intense, and didn't bore me for a second of its 165 minute running time. Catwoman was terrifically imagined by Nolan and Anne Hathaway and while Bane may not have had the presence of the Joker, he still gets quite a few moments to shine, the highlight being that speech he gives revealing the Harvey Dent coverup. No 3rd movie curse here.

Oh, and Marion Cotillard didn't annoy me here. That's always a plus.

A

Edited by tribefan695

I`ve no problem with Blake figuring out because he was good at it throughout the movie. I just wished we got a better explanation than "kindred spirit" shit.`m actually happy someone figured it out cause it was impossible that billionaire-by-day-masked vigilante-with-expensive-not-on-the-market-toys theory didn`t occur to Gordon back in BB let alone end of TDKR. I mean, c`mon!

And that last scene with Fox and the two techs is the first time we see anyone other then Fox with any of the Bat tech.

How was Joker`s end bad? It was perfect. he was captured but that didn`t matter to him because he created chaos and brought down Harvey Dent, the big hero. So having him laugh while hanging like in the tarot card from BB was just perfect.OTOH, I liked Bane demise because it was completely "bang, lets move on" since he lost his value once Tate/Talia revealed herself. he was of no importance. If you want a bad demise it was Talia`s whom they should not have killed, IMO.

Edited by fishnets

I really wish I could form a solid opinion on this. I really loved some aspects and really hated others. I'm not even sure if I thought Bane's voice was effective or hilarious.

It was hilarious. Plus chatty character with covered lips doesn`t work well. Green Goblin was one, this is another. It`s just silly to have a guy fail his hands around and strut his chest 20 notches up what his real conversational gestures would be just because we can`t see his lips and facial movements. Ugh.

How was Joker`s end bad? It was perfect. he was captured but that didn`t matter to him because he created chaos and brought down Harvey Dent, the big hero. So having him laugh while hanging like in the tarot card from BB was just perfect.

It's not bad, that's my point. I'm not sure what could've been done to make Bane's death more satisfying that didn't involve Batman breaking his moral code.

I notice some are complaining about Bane's demise. Is it really all that worse than the Joker's? There's no big hit there either. At least here it's used to indicate a heroic heel-face turn.

Joker went out with a bang. He had a great conversation with Batman and laughed into the night. Bane got blown away and that was it.

Joker went out with a bang. He had a great conversation with Batman and laughed into the night. Bane got blown away and that was it.

But it wasn't just a random blowing away, it was Catwoman asserting her real loyalty. And it wouldn't have made sense for Batman to make the killing hit himself.