1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

If we judge from this, I doubt that.

Well, what you quoted seems to be on my side doesnt it? :P

Anyway, it's stupid to blame the editing for this. Nolan didn't write Bruce escaping and he didn't shoot the scene. Like Jessie suggested it was Nolan's intention so he could save a little Bruce-didn't-die twist for the ending. This is clearly the problem with writing, like many of those other problems with TDKR.

• Like 1

Well, what you quoted seems to be on my side doesnt it? :P

Anyway, it's stupid to blame the editing for this. Nolan didn't write Bruce escaping and he didn't shoot the scene. Like Jessie suggested it was Nolan's intention so he could save a little Bruce-didn't-die twist for the ending. This is clearly the problem with writing, like many of those other problems with TDKR.

No, it's not. Where do you see "A inside shot of Batman awaiting his certain death."

The inside shot before the explosion is not mentioned, so it's Editing.

As to your second paragraph. The editor has access to the script because... how else would he be able to put the movie in order, and he most likely knew how it ended, but still added that scene with Bruce. Once he saw that Bruce survived, that scene should've been cut out for good.

No, it's not. Where do you see "A inside shot of Batman awaiting his certain death."

The inside shot before the explosion is not mentioned, so it's Editing.

As to your second paragraph. The editor has access to the script because... how else would he be able to put the movie in order, and he most likely knew how it ended, but still added that scene with Bruce. Once he saw that Bruce survived, that scene should've been cut out for good.

Because I dont see "an inside shot of batman trying to escape."

As to your blaming the editors, you're basically saying "Nolan did it all well, he didn't want to lead the audience to believe Bruce died from the nuclear explosion, and he never wanted to surprise the audience by the Bruce-survived ending, but the editors fucked it all up."

Are you even serious?

• Like 1

Because I dont see "an inside shot of batman trying to escape."

As to your blaming the editors, you're basically saying "Nolan did it all well, he didn't want to lead the audience to believe Bruce died from the nuclear explosion, and he never wanted to surprise the audience by the Bruce-survived ending, but the editors fucked it all up."

Are you even serious?

That shot was unnecessary. It's the editor's fault, yes. Batman was showed inside the Bat a couple of times since he picked up the bomb, so a third time just seconds before exploding doesn't make sense, and so long it doesn't appear in the script, it's the editors fault.

That shot was unnecessary. It's the editor's fault, yes. Batman was showed inside the Bat a couple of times since he picked up the bomb, so a third time just seconds before exploding doesn't make sense, and so long it doesn't appear in the script, it's the editors fault.

1) Nolan wrote the script and the script didn't tell or even hint Bruce was trying to escape.

2) The editor didn't shoot that scene. Nolan did.

3) Nolan is the writer, the director and the producer. He made the call. If the editors did something not in line with his vision, he would tell them to change it.

4) The whole ending was to show the sadness that Alfred, Blake and Gordon felt for knowing Bruce sacrificed himself. To lead the audience believe what Alfred, Blake and Gordon believed is exactly what Nolan wanted, because that's the only way to lead to a happy twist ending that Bruce actually surprisingly survived. This is the only way the plot went.

The whole purpose of your arguement, IMO, is to try to shake off the blame on Nolan for his poor writing on TDKR.

• Like 2

1) Nolan wrote the script and the script didn't tell or even hint Bruce was trying to escape.

2) The editor didn't shoot that scene. Nolan did.

3) Nolan is the writer, the director and the producer. He made the call. If the editors did something not in line with his vision, he would tell them to change it.

4) The whole ending was to show the sadness that Alfred, Blake and Gordon felt for knowing Bruce sacrificed himself. To lead the audience believe what Alfred, Blake and Gordon believed is exactly what Nolan wanted, because that's the only way to lead to a happy twist ending that Bruce actually surprisingly survived. This is the only way the plot went.

The whole purpose of your arguement, IMO, is to try to shake off the blame on Nolan for his poor writing on TDKR.

The writing isn't poor at all since it's not the same as to the end product. I still blame it on the editing. Nolan might've wanted that scene but it came way too late and just a few seconds before the explosion. Bad placement. I doubt Nolan said: Just put it a few seconds before the explosion, because I want to get laid by fucking logic.

The writing isn't poor at all since it's not the same as to the end product. I still blame it on the editing. Nolan might've wanted that scene but it came way too late and just a few seconds before the explosion. Bad placement. I doubt Nolan said: Just put it a few seconds before the explosion, because I want to get laid by fucking logic.

Hello??? Nolan, as the director and the producer, watched the film from beginning to end countless times before it became a final product, because thats what directors and producers do. If he felt the scene being there or being there too late wasn't good, he would've toldl the editors to change it. The only reason the scene being there at that moment is because Nolan wanted. Nolan wanted a twist ending, and to make it twisted enough, he needed the audience believe that Bruce absolutely died from the nuclear bomb, and the scene just 3 seconds before the explosion was there to solely serve that purpose, to make it look like Bruce had no fvcking chance of survival.

Seriously, I do hope you were not being serious blaming an obvious plot problem on the innocent editors, or else I'm gonna have a new understanding of fanboylism (sorry no offense).

Besides, the ending only represents a small piece of the massive illogic in TDKR. There are countless examples like that in the movie. Nolan is a fantastic writer but he basically forced himself into the mess because it was very obvious that on TDKR, Nolan thought the only way to conclude this trilogy was to slam Bruce and Gotham down to hell and somehow brought them back for a victory. When you pre-set such restriction for your story, you are not gonna write it well. TDK was brillently written because it didn't pre-set how the story should go.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

I would've preferred an ending in which Bruce Wayne actually dies and Alfred is just dreaming that he happens to be in the same outdoor restaurant in Florence across from Bruce. 

What I don't understand is why people can't believe this! Nolan made his ending as ambiguous as possible as we don't get to see if Batman/Bruce survived we can always imagine, and even though Alfred see's Bruce and Catwoman(sorry forget her name) in the same spot as he took a vacation earlier on in the story, who's to say that it wasn't a dream. that is what's so great about this film it leaves the ending for how you want to think about it, now you can argue about it all you want but then you're just not getting the whole picture. 

• Like 1

So even if it was the editors fault, Nolan could have at least checked his work. No point in trying to pass the blame on someone else, its Nolans movie and he should have seen the problem we all saw. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

What I don't understand is why people can't believe this! Nolan made his ending as ambiguous as possible as we don't get to see if Batman/Bruce survived we can always imagine, and even though Alfred see's Bruce and Catwoman(sorry forget her name) in the same spot as he took a vacation earlier on in the story, who's to say that it wasn't a dream. that is what's so great about this film it leaves the ending for how you want to think about it, now you can argue about it all you want but then you're just not getting the whole picture.

Alfred had no idea Bruce and Catwoman were as close as they were, so why would he imagine her in the scene?

Alfred had no idea Bruce and Catwoman were as close as they were, so why would he imagine her in the scene?

That's what he always wanted. He wanted to see Bruce living a great life with a woman, and maybe even children, by his side. But yeah, I don't even remember seeing Alfred and Catwoman in the same scene, not to mention Alfred seeing her real identity.

listening to you people hate and argue about this ending only makes me think that the ending of this film was Nolan's greatest accomplishment in TDKR. You all still refuse to use your imagination and believe in possibilities, it's quite sad actually. trying to find a factual or unambiguous ending to when there's not suppose to be,  is a long journey of confusion, and negative judgement's, rather then accepting a creative way of story telling you just shun it and blame it on the script, editing, or direction. please people start buying toothpaste without fluoride I believe you're critical thinking skills have all been altered severely enough for you all to come to these idiotic nonsensical conclusions. thank you. 

sorry for calling anyone names but instead of hating on something that clearly tried to be different, try looking at things from a different angle.

• Like 2