The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I mentioned this in another thread but the Gotham Knights must not have been very good. If you looked at the stands there were a lot of empty seats. So I'm guessing the game was blacked out locally since they didn't sell out.

I thought they were the Rogues? But yeah, that was an interesting aspect of the production.

I think the biggest thing that turns me off is the siege. I highly doubt the US government would have sat at its side and waited for millions of people to die from a nuclear blast. Sent in one spec ops team, which gets killed, yup, we failed, lets watch millions die live.You also have riots all on day 1, but for five months everything is quiet, what people are going to sit on their asses and wait for a nuclear bomb to explode? Surely there would have been even more riots or chaos, its not like Bane had a massive army, there's like millions of people in the city surely.The pacing with the 5 month thing is also rather terrible.Also watching it on dvd, the aspect ratio bouncing back and forth is so annoying, but thankfully didn't notice it too much.

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl:

vs

Dark of The Moon - Its special effects -- and 3D shots -- are undeniably impressive, but they aren't enough to fill up its loud, bloated running time, or mask its thin, indifferent script.

Edited by Christmas ED

TDKR is probably the most ambitious super hero movie of all time, perhaps even too ambitious at times. This makes it quite easy to nitpick if that is what you want to do, but from a thematic point of view its even richer than TDK IMO. Plus the action scenes are still damn entertaining if thats all you want from a film.Calling it lazy while holding up movies like Twilight and Transformers though is just plain.....idiotic.

• Like 3

TDKR is probably the most ambitious super hero movie of all time, perhaps even too ambitious at times. This makes it quite easy to nitpick if that is what you want to do, but from a thematic point of view its even richer than TDK IMO. Plus the action scenes are still damn entertaining if thats all you want from a film.Calling it lazy while holding up movies like Twilight and Transformers though is just plain.....idiotic.

:bravo:

So are the Transformers and Twilight films, but you give them a pass for any flaws they might have. That's what it all comes down to for most moviegoers. Either we like a film's story or we don't, and then we nitpick the movies we don't like while giving more leniency to movies we do like. And what's funny with franchises in particular is that the threequel tends to catch a lot of nitpicking for aspects of the story that were already in the first two to begin with. Happened with SM3 on the issue of campiness and it happened with TDKR on the issue of Batman quitting.

The difference is, Transformers knows it's lazy and doesn't try to be anything more than Visual entertainment with moments of humour. TDKR did have lazy moments and it gets nip-picked because so many people call it a masterpiece when it clearly isn't.

who read the book know this is not true

DH1 was a complete bore that could have been handled in 20 minutes. Warner bros saw dollar signs so decided to double up on their money, and even convert one of them to 3D just for that extra bit of greed. There is nothing wrong with it, if I owned the company I would do the same, but lets no pretend they did it to keep 'true to the book' Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

The difference is, Transformers knows it's lazy and doesn't try to be anything more than Visual entertainment with moments of humour. TDKR did have lazy moments and it gets nip-picked because so many people call it a masterpiece when it clearly isn't.

I don't see very many people calling it a masterpiece. I've certainly never called it that myself. It's a Batman movie, not Citizen Kane. And TDK was flawed as fuck too but people like Baumer call that one a masterpiece, which is laughable hypocrisy involving the same franchise with similar flaws in all three films.

I don't see very many people calling it a masterpiece. I've certainly never called it that myself. It's a Batman movie, not Citizen Kane. And TDK was flawed as fuck too but people like Baumer call that one a masterpiece, which is laughable hypocrisy involving the same franchise with similar flaws in all three films.

If I noticed the plot holes and silly moments in TDKR but didn't notice them in TDK and BB, it shows that the TDKR did not do as good as job as those movies at keeping one engaged in it
  • Like 1

If I noticed the plot holes and silly moments in TDKR but didn't notice them in TDK and BB, it shows that the TDKR did not do as good as job as those movies at keeping one engaged in it

That was my point earlier in the thread. If someone likes a story enough, they won't nitpick it to death. If they dislike a story, they definitely will nitpick.

TDKR is a lazy movie in comparison to BD2 and Transformers 3. And it's not idiotic bud, it's an opinion. And since opinions are allowed here, respect mine enough not to call me an idiot. TDKR is the epitome of lazy, but if you like it that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. You don't see me going around calling you an idiot for liking a stupid, lazy, incoherent, inferior, silly, void of logical monstrosity of a film, do you?

Uh, no.

TDKR is a lazy movie in comparison to BD2 and Transformers 3. And it's not idiotic bud, it's an opinion. And since opinions are allowed here, respect mine enough not to call me an idiot. TDKR is the epitome of lazy, but if you like it that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. You don't see me going around calling you an idiot for liking a stupid, lazy, incoherent, inferior, silly, void of logical monstrosity of a film, do you?

Lol

Every movies has it's flaws. Everyone just expected the TDKR to be better or as good as TDK.

I don't understand this "every movie has flaws" or "you were expecting too much" defense. It feels like an easy way to absolve it for any flaws. Maybe it's just not as good. Flat-out. No agenda, no bullshit. I actually didn't dislike it as much as it seems, but I'm kinda shocked at the free pass people are giving it.

I don't understand this "every movie has flaws" or "you were expecting too much" defense. It feels like an easy way to absolve it for any flaws. Maybe it's just not as good. Flat-out. No agenda, no bullshit. I actually didn't dislike it as much as it seems, but I'm kinda shocked at the free pass people are giving it.

Free pass most gave it? It did get an 87% on RT.
  • Like 1