The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

There are non-voluntary hilarious moments as well. I mean, the look on Batman, Catwoman and Gordon faces when they're watching Cotillard's painfully bad entire monologue and death mouth agape when there is a nuclear bomb countdown going on.

Or laughable monologue with a super-long sentence of Batman telling Gordon that he is Bruce Wayne under disguise with his laughable Batman's voice while the bomb is ticking its last minute. Nolan even adds some bloat with unnecessary flashback just in case you're such an idiot you didn't understand what he meant so he got to explain to you everything in explicit and redundant way... :rolleyes:

Seriously, this movie. :unsure:  And people want to make us think this is some clever piece of filmmaking...

the flashback was shown to create emotion, I shed a tear          

I have no problem with that flashback scene. I think it was pretty good as a stand-alone scene. What I do have a problem is Gordon being a complete moron for not figuring out who's the batman after so many years, yet another young police guy knew it from the vert beginning by just taking a look at Bruce. I almost felt offended by that scene cause it almost "insulted my intelligence", just like many of those in Prometheus.

Edited by vc2002

Watched this again last night. Certainly gets better on repeat viewings but the ending still pisses me off. It actually felt like Nolan cheated us because there is no way Bruce could have escaped his bat wing before the nuke went off, no way.

• Like 1

Pretty obvious imo he escaped while still over the city and the autopilot did the rest.Cheap editing lets that particular scene down.

Yeah, that's probably it... Without that single shot of him in the pod, the movie would be more loved than it is.

Pretty obvious imo he escaped while still over the city and the autopilot did the rest.Cheap editing lets that particular scene down.

That got nothing to do with editing. That's the problem of the script cause it was obviously written that way.

• Like 1

That got nothing to do with editing. That's the problem of the script cause it was obviously written that way.

If we judge from this, I doubt that.

Blake turns to see the Bat thundering out of the heart of          Gotham, trailing smoke, the core hanging from it. It curves          dangerously close to the bridge before heading for the mouth          of the river...the bay...the ocean...          Until a point of light fires into an enormous nuclear BLAST          - wind and light and dust blowing VIOLENTLY but harmlessly          over the bridge, the tunnel mouth, all of Gotham...                                   As the nuclear dawn fades over Gotham, and we see its          inhabitants start to raise their heads, and helicopters and          boats converge on the island, we hear a voice. Jim Gordon.
Edited by ChD

No he didn't escape over the city. We see a shot of him still flying in the bat-wing as he's flying over the bridge (after he's flown past the city). I watched this movie yesterday and paid very close attention. Nolan basically killed off Batman then through in at the end that the auto-pilot had been fixed even though that was completely irrelevant, auto-pilot or not, that doesn't explain how he escaped unless he had a teleportation machine. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

I want to believe that but its not true. We see a shot I him still flying in the bat-wing as he's flying over the bridge (after he's flown past the city). I watched this movie yesterday and paid very close attention.

Yeah, but after that bridge there is still some of the city left, and from there the Bat can actually be turned on auto pilot.

Also, there is some continuity error, but I don't think Nolan would've allowed that without any reason. I mean yeah, he makes mistakes, but I think he did this for a reason. When he passes the bridge, the whole city is seen, and the ocean stretches to the horizon, there being no sign of any shores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzUIlloQK1U

At 3:18 there is a shore visible on the left, and from there the Bat has only straight way so we can assume that's where Bruce jumped out. In the end, I just think that it's bad editing. There was enough time left from the bridge scene to when it exploded.

• Like 1

Yeah, but after that bridge there is still some of the city left, and from there the Bat can actually be turned on auto pilot. Also, there is some continuity error, but I don't think Nolan would've allowed that without any reason. I mean yeah, he makes mistakes, but I think he did this for a reason. When he passes the bridge, the whole city is seen, and the ocean stretches to the horizon, there being no sign of any shores. At 3:18 there is a shore visible on the left, and from there the Bat has only straight way so we can assume that's where Bruce jumped out. In the end, I just think that it's bad editing. There was enough time left from the bridge scene to when it exploded.

I think Nolan purposely wanted it to look like he 'couldn't' have escaped so we actually believed he died. Then he could give us the twist at the end and to me, that's cheating.
  • Like 2