The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Sigh. Since apparently you can't wrap your head around a very simple concept allow me to explain in a way that perhaps your two-year old mind may understand.GOOD SCENE (TDKR car chase) = ME REMEMBER BECAUSE GOODAVERAGE SCENE (car chases in those movies you mentioned) = ME NOT REMEMBER WELL BECAUSE SO AVERAGEYou're accusing me of being dropped on my head when you can't understand a very simple concept? Allow me to spell it out for you again.ME WATCH FILM A. FILM A HAS GOOD ACTION SCENE. ME RATE FILM A ACTION SCENE 8/10ME WATCH FILM B. FILM B HAS BETTER ACTION SCENE THAN FILM A. ME RATE FILM B ACTION SCENE 10/10EVEN AFTER WATCHING FILM B ACTION SCENE, ME STILL RATE FILM A ACTION SCENE 8/10, BECAUSE FILM B'S ACTION SCENE BEING BETTER DOESN'T MAKE FILM A'S ACTION SCENE WORSE.Now, that may have gotten slightly too complex for your little mind near the end, so I'll try and sum it up more simply. My favourite action scene is the Machete fight from 'The Raid'. That doesn't mean I think all action scenes except the machete fight from the 'The Raid' are bad. Because I don't judge how good an action scene is by comparing it to The Raid. I judge how good an action scene is by.... how good I think it is. You don't need to bring other films into it at all. I'm not going to mark a film down just because another film did the same thing but better, because there are so many films out there, there's almost certainly going to be one better.Also, try not to insult people or they will insult you back.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. TDKR came out a year ago so obviously you are going to remember its action scenes. Some of the films I mentioned were released a decade ago and your saying you can't remember them because they must have been average? Lol. I saw Riddick last night, I remember it more than Shindlers List which I watched years ago and going by your theory, this must mean Riddick was a better film :unsure:Also I can insult your because your dumb posts are asking for it and its not like you did a great job in insulting me back since all you did was recycle what I said.It's people like you that lower the worlds average IQ. Edited by gladiator1

Not saying that this is 100% true, but I went to a party last night with Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill and Godzilla and they all agreed that The Avengers was a much better film. Yeah, i know what you really meant by 'not 100% true', but I couldn't resist that joke. On a more serious note, different people have different opinions, etc etc and we're unlikely to get a definite consensus on whether people prefer Avengers or TDKR any time soon. Most of my friends prefer The Avengers to TDKR. I still know plenty of people who don't. That said, I suspect TDKR is going to be looked upon less favourably after time has passed. There's already a noticeable hatedom forming towards it. While I doubt it'll reach Star Wars prequel levels, it's already lost a noticable amount of respect since its first release. Of course, this is mostly just my opinion and it's impossible to truly predict the future, etc etc

Avengers IS loved more than TDJR, it's not even debatable. Also I disagree, TDKR if anything has gotten more respect since it's release. At first it was quite the disappointment especially coming out just a few months after a huge crowd pleasing superhero movie and being the sequel to the so-say best comic book movie of all time, however nowall the hype and expectations are going, multiple viewing only make the film better.
  • Like 1

Avengers IS loved more than TDJR, it's not even debatable. Also I disagree, TDKR if anything has gotten more respect since it's release. At first it was quite the disappointment especially coming out just a few months after a huge crowd pleasing superhero movie and being the sequel to the so-say best comic book movie of all time, however nowall the hype and expectations are going, multiple viewing only make the film better.

Of course Avengers is loved more than TDKR. A movie made for entertainment will always be loved more than a serious, dark movie. Especially by general audience since people always look for fun at the theater, and Avengers is their type of movie.

Of course Avengers is loved more than TDKR. A movie made for entertainment will always be loved more than a serious, dark movie. Especially by general audience since people always look for fun at the theater, and Avengers is their type of movie.

TDKR is a comedy of epic proportions.  It's not dark.  It might look dark but it' written like an Abbot and Costello meet the Wolfman kind of movie.  

• Like 2

TDKR is a comedy of epic proportions.  It's not dark.  It might look dark but it' written like an Abbot and Costello meet the Wolfman kind of movie.  

Coming from the guy who called Movie 43 a comedy.

Edited by ChD

Newsflash. TDKR is an entertainment movie too. Not some obscure arthouse drama calibrated for Oscars made for elite cinephiles only. TDKR is made to sell you popcorn and goodies like any entertainment movie. It's a 250M summer tentpole produced by a big entertainment studio Warner Bros and released massively in big theater multiplexes worldwide.

The Fugitive is a serious movie so it's not "made for entertainment"?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Oh don't give me that. TDK is arguably more loved than Avengers and it has the same tone as TDKR. People will come up with the dumbest of reasons to defend TDKR that its laughable.
  • Like 3