CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Eh Batman and Superman will be fine. But a copycat JL is probably a bad idea at this point. Should just do World's Finest

WB won't be able to resist the temptation.

Market IM3 AvengersUK $21.5M 25.6MKorea $19.2M 13.0MAustralia $18.4M 19.8MMexico $16.1M 17.4MFrance $14.7M 13.9MBrazil $12.3M 10.8MItaly $11.2M 11.0MTaiwan $8.4M 7.6MPhilippines $7.4M 6.6MJapan $5.4M 17.7MIndia $5.2M 3.6MSpain $5.0M 6.9MHong Kong $4.9M 4.4MMalaysia $4.6M 3.3MIndonesia $4.5M 2.9MOther $36.5MTotal $195.3M

Edited by Fake
  • Like 3

UK $21.5M

Korea $19.2M

Australia $18.4M

Mexico $16.1M

France $14.7M

Brazil $12.3M

Italy $11.2M

Taiwan $8.4M

Philippines $7.4M

Japan $5.4M

India $5.2M

Spain $5.0M

Hong Kong $4.9M

Malaysia $4.6M

Indonesia $4.5M

Other $36.5M

Total $195.3M

Whaatt?? That's even bigger than I expected :blink:. It already outgrossed IM2 ($4.4M) in 4 days! With 2.7x multiplier (which is gonna be easy, considering its WOM and competition), it will beat TA's total, and all time record at the same time. :D

• Like 1

WOM is not mixed. Its very very positive. It has a 93% RT from over 55 critics. Twitter responses to the movie have been overwhelmingly positive. The vast majority of these mixed reactions are coming from comic book fans who can't get past the mandarin thing

Thanks for making an assumption that it is just the mandarin that bothers people.  I must have unlearned how to read in the last 24 hours.  

RT has nothing to do with WOM.  When will some of you start to understand that?  And if you go to regular people writing reviews of it on imdb, it is mixed, about as mixed as you can get.

OMFG 

Seems like I was wrong too, geez that's a gigantic opening, scoring such a monstrous opening OS. IM3 means business.Not that I didn't see 1b WW as a reachable goal, but I was rather apprehensive how it would play.Never been a Marvel fan and it kinda has changed last week when I saw the Avengers for the first time on tv.And I was just blown away what a crowd pleaser that movie must've been cuz I ended up liking this, its humour, action sequences, plot and wittiness. I assumed that was because of all Avengers being together and I wasn't sure how IM3 would perform box office wise without his allias, so I thought it'd do 800-900ish WW and boy I was so wroooong, 1 b ww is locked, imo.Congrats to all IM3 fans and I think I'm actually gonna see this once it opens in Poland.Avengers did rather poorly last year here, but that because it was released in the time when Euro2012 was being held and there was like literally no people in cinemas at that time, but Avengers effect should help.

• Like 1