Germany - 20 - 30

Japan - 5 - 5

Mexico - 14 - 20

Russia - 13 - 30

Spain - 11 - 10

UK - 37 - 48

Rest - 100 - 150

Total - 283 - 425

So bumping my OS prediction from 400m to 425m after a little more thought.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 1h

Top CATCHING FIRE mrkts: UK ($19.8M) BRZ ($13.6M) GER ($12.8M) OZ ($11.5M) RUS ($10.8M) MEX ($10.7M) ESP ($5.6M) SWE ($3.7M) PHI ($3.3M)

bump

• Like 1

More:

Catching Fire took $19.8m in the UK for a 250% gain on the original and $12.8m in Germany for a 300% increase. Australia generated $11.5m, Russia $10.8m for a 150% climb, Mexico $10.7m, Spain $5.6m, Brazil $3.8m rising to $13.6m after 10 days and Sweden $3.7m for a 250% increase.

The film grossed $3.3m in the Philippines, $3.2m in South Korea, $2.3m in Denmark, the Netherlands and Norway, $2.2m in Taiwan, $2.1m in Singapore, $1.8m in New Zealand, $1.6m in Thailand, $1.5m in Malaysia, $1.4m in Argentina, Austria, Hong Kong and Poland, $1.2m in Finland and Turkey and the UAE and $1.1m in Colombia and German-speaking Switzerland.

People that are predicting it to double OS from the first one are setting themselves up for dissappointment. My 450M OS prediction is realistically optimistic. I can easily see this doing sub 400M. I think it might also have tough competition with Thor 2.

If its good I believe it can.. I think 590M OS... for this mighty sequel is definitely doable

Amazing!  Where should it finish?

Lord Catching friend. I believe our girls sequel could be heading for 850-1billion plus. Could this be a film that suprises and challenges IM 3?.. I think Hobbit2 could challenge IM3, and depending on BO domestic and OS... Catching fire may be up for playing with these big boys as well.

Rentrak Spain ‏@RentrakSpain 22m
JUEGOS DEL HAMBRE: EN LLAMAS #LJDHEnLlamas consigue la mejor Apertura del año con más de €4,1M y 607K espectadores. Enhorabuena! 
Spain: 4.1M euros($5.55m) and 607k admissions.

THG opened with 3.96M and finished with 10.5M

Rentrak Spain ‏@RentrakSpain 22m
JUEGOS DEL HAMBRE: EN LLAMAS #LJDHEnLlamas consigue la mejor Apertura del año con más de €4,1M y 607K espectadores. Enhorabuena! 
Spain: 4.1M euros and 607k admissions.

THG opened with 3.96M and finished with 10.5M

You are comparing € for CF and $ for THG ;)

In euros:

THG: 2.98M € OW (453k admissions)

CF: 4.1M € (607k admissions)

That is a 37% higher in gross and a 34% higher in admissions.

THG finished with 8.58M € Total (1,341,666 admissions) - 2.88 multiplier. If CF follows the same pattern, CF would finish with 15-16M $.

Edited by peludo

You are comparing € for CF and $ for THG ;)

In euros:

THG: 2.98M € OW (453k admissions)

CF: 4.1M € (607k admissions)

That is a 37% higher in gross and a 34% higher in admissions.

THG finished with 8.58M € Total (1,341,666 admissions) - 2.88 multiplier. If CF follows the same pattern, CF would finish with 15-16M $.

Pretty damn good

$500 million won't happen without a 3X multiplier from the existing markets and that seems like the best case scenario in major European markets (UK,Germany etc.). We'll have to see how it holds up in LA and Asia. I think 450 is more likely than 500 at this point as The Hobbit opens in less than three weeks and it will be strong in all of these markets.

It seems many parts of Asia are doing really well. Taiwan, Phillippines, Singapore and Hong Kong are doing great. Only South Korea and China seem to be the lackluster openings so far. Also we have to remember this is still China and with the content of the movie I'm actually shocked they'd allow it to play there. They probably didn't do much advertising for it for that reason alone.

It seems many parts of Asia are doing really well. Taiwan, Phillippines, Singapore and Hong Kong are doing great. Only South Korea and China seem to be the lackluster openings so far. Also we have to remember this is still China and with the content of the movie I'm actually shocked they'd allow it to play there. They probably didn't do much advertising for it for that reason alone.

China has shown that they don't care about the possible political messages as long as they aren't directly related to China, they don't seem to care.

• Like 1

Good increases everywhere, I hope it makes it too 500m in the end :)

It's funny to me the difference in the age range of the audience between the premiere and yesterday. At the premiere it was 99% teenagers between 13 - 18 (I felt so out of place haha), and last night it was the other way around, 99% over 20 years old, there were many over 40. I was surprised by that. I didn't think this was a movie that would appeal to adults. But I was even more surprised by the fact that the theater was almost sold out, on a monday... I honestly wasn't expecting it to be such a hit here.