CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Not really. Pixar is huge in Japan. MU was like the 5th biggest Pixar movie and it obliterated every other Hollywood in Japan last year. 

ah thx 

it makes sense

I was just used to DM2 outgrossing MU so that situation seemed strange to me

great for Pixar. 'Finding Dory' is probs the only cartoon I care about. Its going to be huge :wub:

2013's Top 10

1 Sole a Catinelle - 51.747.917 euro (pitiful local comedy)

2 Frozen - 19.000.000 euro (projected final gross, currently at 17.8M)3 Iron Man 3 - 16.040.249 euro4 Despicable Me 2 - 15.939.127 euro5 Il principe abusivo - 14.209.434 euro (pitiful local comedy)6 Fast & Furious 6 - 12.839.787 euro

7 The Hobbit 2 - 12.750.000 euro (already disappeared from theatres -.-)8 Hangover 3 - 12.519.994 euro9 Django Unchained - 11.930.000 euro

10 Colpi di Fortuna - 11.500.000 euro (pitiful local comedy)

hmm strage not to see the expected CF & Gravity

Edited by Tauriel

ah thx 

it makes sense

I was just used to DM2 outgrossing MU so that situation seemed strange to me

great for Pixar. 'Finding Dory' is probs the only cartoon I care about. Its going to be huge :wub:

Yes, Japan loves Pixar movies. In fact, Pixar and local productions are the only animated movies that can make big numbers in Japan. Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo made more than $100m. Even Cars 2 grossed $38m. Also, Monsters Inc was HUGE, so it's natural for its prequel to make that big. Actually, for a non-Pixar movie, DM2 number is really good. It's one of the biggest non-Pixar foreign animations ever.

Judging from how MU did, I also think Finding Dory is gonna be huge in Japan.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Yes, Japan loves Pixar movies. In fact, Pixar and local productions are the only animated movies that can make big numbers in Japan. Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo made more than $100m. Even Cars 2 grossed $38m. Also, Monsters Inc was HUGE, so it's natural for its prequel to make that big. Actually, for a non-Pixar movie, DM2 number is really good. It's one of the biggest non-Pixar foreign animations ever.

Judging from how MU did, I also think Finding Dory is gonna be huge in Japan.

100m! incredible!

what's Finding Nemo Japan gross??

hmm strage not to see the expected CF & Gravity

Catching Fire grossed a little more than 8M euros, a tad below Thor 2. Still a huge improvement over the first film's meager gross. Gravity is out of the top 20.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 1

presales numbers looking very good in Korea! taking over 55% of the whole sale (and it's still rising) which is very good for an animated feature.

I can't see why this performs less than $15M. hopefully it does over $20M in Korea. Kung Fu Panda 2 did like $40M and it would be fantasitc it happens for Frozen.

• Like 2

1B for Frozen,are you sure it's possible?

Possible yes...

Likely... I don't know.  I've given up trying to predict Frozens limits.

I do hope it'll happen just to watch heads explode in the main discussion forum.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I visited Tokyo in early 2002, just before the theatrical release of Monsters, Inc. there. Mike and Sully were EVERYWHERE, like literally plastered on everything.

It's really not a surprise MU did that well.

I'm just hoping Frozen can do half of MU's business. Anything more than that would be gravy.

Yeah, it's pretty wildly optimistic.

I can see another 50 million from current markets.

20 million China

15 million SK

45 million Japan

60 million US

Which is another 190. There's probably a bit more there, but while 900 million seems a pretty safe assumption, 1 billion isn't guaranteed.

• Like 1

Catching Fire grossed a little more than 8M euros, a tad below Thor 2. Still a huge improvement over the first film's meager gross. Gravity is out of the top 20.

thx for the reply

wow surprising for Gravity

& pretty good for CF indeed

FN made $4-5M in China.

FD will make 40-50M perhaps.

its so far away but hopefully here it can be around 50 too  :wub:  even tho pixar kinda lags behind things like Shrek & that puss spinoff movie

MU did good so crossing fingers for FD.  FN seems beloved enough

1 Bil or not sequel will happen  :P

Edited by Tauriel