Current total - 810

US - 55 (Enough to get past 400)

Korea - 30

Japan - 100

China - 30

Sweden - 10

Other Markets - 30

Total: 1.065, just over TS3.

I think it's a long shot, (still unknown if US can get to 400, for instance) but it's possible.

Just imagine if it somehow over performs in China. Virtually everyone expects around 30 in China, and when extrapolating possibilities it's always the Japan numbers that get 60-100m. In my dream scenario Frozen over performs in both for a combined 160-170.

If I'm dreaming I might as well dream BIG. Posted Image

Sixth Sense, Titanic, Avatar and now Frozen have been the 4 amazing box-office runs in the last couple of decades. There have been surprise openers, holds, bumps, etc. but these films have surprised week after week till the very end. So much so that pundits quit predicting and just eagerly wait for whatever is to unfold.

Edited by a2knet

That's some awesome anecdotal evidence of Frozen's hype in Japan. Marketing seems to be working, alright. Any news about the amount of ads on streets and such? People said MU's stuff was everywhere.

They didn't mention ads or posters.....They just talked about WOM being everywhere.

Sixth Sense, Titanic, Avatar and now Frozen have been the 4 amazing box-office runs in the last couple of decades. There have been surprise openers, holds, bumps, etc. but these films have surprised week after week till the very end. So much so that pundits quit predicting and just eagerly wait for whatever is to unfold.

I'd add My Big Fat Greek Wedding. That was a long and really strange run.

• Like 1

Agree....I think a Billion is a lock now.Friends of mine that live in Japan told me yesterday that the whole country is looking forward to the film. Their daughter's class is even taking a field trip in March to see it. They believe it will do more than MU.

More than MU?? THE HYPE IS REAL.

The next two weeks are going to be very important. Sweden OS and singalong DOM next Friday and then China OS and competition from Lego DOM the weekend after.

For the time being, the sum of the 43 countries listed on BOM give a total slightly above the 20.2 estimate. Since it should be playing in a bunch of other small markets and they also missed Russia's 300K+, I guess the actual weekend was more like 21/21.5 millions.

The next two weeks are going to be very important. Sweden OS and singalong DOM next Friday and then China OS and competition from Lego DOM the weekend after. For the time being, the sum of the 43 countries listed on BOM give a total slightly above the 20.2 estimate. Since it should be playing in a bunch of other small markets and they also missed Russia's 300K+, I guess the actual weekend was more like 21/21.5 millions.

And don't forget Argentina's 700k. I would say 22/22.5 M.

I have been thinking about what kind of impact to expect from japan and i have the feeling that many themes in the movie will resonate extremely strongly with the gp there. Though i mostly know about japanese culture secondhand i believe things like sacrifice for the good of others, being persistent in the face of great odds and the european fairitale setting in general should be bid draws... and as already mentioned by others 1B WW should be pretty safe since SK can make up for china underperforming and as long as japan does not completely bomb (which, as you mentioned should not be the case) everything should work out :)

That IS so Japanese. I never thought about it but yeah, Frozen is very appealing in that way.

Well, big Miyazaki numbers in general would be nice. But SA would probably mean it'd end up #1 WW for 2013. 

That would be amazing, but even Miyazaki numbers in general are hard too reach. Only Avatar managed to match them ($150m+) in the last 10 years. But Finding Nemo's or Toy Story 3's number ($100m+) is possible if everything goes well.

Hey guys I'm new to this thread and site in general! In fact Frozen's miraculous BO run inspired my interest in this kind of stuff. Just one question: I see that everyone seems to have China pegged at around 30M when it opens next week. Don't you think it could be quite a bit higher than that? I mean just based on DM2's run there and how amazing Frozen has done in South Korea I feel like it could do well above 30 but maybe it's not a fair comparison. What do you guys think?

• Like 3

Hey guys I'm new to this thread and site in general! In fact Frozen's miraculous BO run inspired my interest in this kind of stuff. Just one question: I see that everyone seems to have China pegged at around 30M when it opens next week. Don't you think it could be quite a bit higher than that? I mean just based on DM2's run there and how amazing Frozen has done in South Korea I feel like it could do well above 30 but maybe it's not a fair comparison. What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forums!!! :-) I hope you are right and Frozen is also a super hit in China!!!
  • Like 1