CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Too bad it will freefall after the holidays, it would have reached 20M euros otherwise.

Well, the movie will be in theaters for (at least) 3 or 4 more weeks…. 

Anyway, 18.208.743 dollars in 2 weeks :) Probably we'll reach the 20 millions of dollars by monday!

I'm sorry if I update too often! XD

Edited by BuffyfanIT

Strangely enough a Snow Queen stage show was in production for Disneyland Tokyo in the early 2000s. Alan Menken had composed several songs for it, one of which is on YouTube I think. It was canceled and we now have Frozen obviously.

But with this success rate, a Broadway show will be coming sooner rather than later anyway.

I imagine Frozen as a stage musical is a few years off since Disney Theatrical has Aladdin coming to Broadway in the Spring plus other projects like Shakespeare in Love and The Princess Bride, I'm sure it's on their mind but I think 2016-17 at the earliest if it happens,

FROZEN could do some serious business in Japan.

MU did an incredible $90M there.

Pixar has had some mammoth grosses in Japan so I'm definitely not expecting Frozen anywhere near MU but 40M+ might be possible which is a strong increase over Tangled/WIR.

Pixar has had some mammoth grosses in Japan so I'm definitely not expecting Frozen anywhere near MU but 40M+ might be possible which is a strong increase over Tangled/WIR.

Agreed. Anything over $40 million should be considered a big success. Japan is tough to predict anyway.

I would laugh my ass off if this outgrosses DM2 worldwide.

It's slowly becoming a possibility....

Japan will be a key factor. It needs to do a lot better than Tangled there in order to push its final total to well over $500 million.

Wasn't Tangled hurt by the horrible tsunami that hit Japan in early 2011? 

It opens in two weeks here in Korea and I hope it does more than at least $20M. Tangled did $9.3M, Wreck-It Ralph $6M. (oh, and The Princess and the Frog?  $600k!!) Disney/Pixar hasn't been much of a big draw here since early 2000s. Dreamworks is, on the other hand. Kung Fu Panda did $28.6M against Wall-E's $7.4M in the same year, How to Train Your Dragon did $25.1M winning over Toy Story 3's $12.2M.

It opens in two weeks here in Korea and I hope it does more than at least $20M. Tangled did $9.3M, Wreck-It Ralph $6M. (oh, and The Princess and the Frog? $600k!!) Disney/Pixar hasn't been much of a big draw here since early 2000s. Dreamworks is, on the other hand. Kung Fu Panda did $28.6M against Wall-E's $7.4M in the same year, How to Train Your Dragon did $25.1M winning over Toy Story 3's $12.2M.

How's the promotion looking there? I just saw that they released a korean version of Let It Go. Hopefully that helps.And wow PATP is a flop lol.
  • Like 1

#1 in Brazil on Friday.

Argentina:

Frozen 2-day admissions: 183,597 (DOS OW:187.038)

Looks like LA will be massive for Frozen. 500M OS is looking very likely with a shot at 550M so beating DM2 WW is a possibility. 

• Like 1

How's the promotion looking there? I just saw that they released a korean version of Let It Go. Hopefully that helps.And wow PATP is a flop lol.

vast improvement compared to the PR acts for prior releases, still not good enough, but there's definitely some hype built around I can see. It has the most reviews on the coming-soon movies section of the Korea's biggest portal website, and is currently the most-searched unreleased movie.