CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Boxoffice.com: "Frozen collected $50.5 million in its fifth weekend overseas, reaching a $243.5 million cume outside of North America. The animated film is on the verge of hitting $500 million globally with a $491.8 million worldwide total. Frozen is currently in release in 43 territories. The top overseas markets for the film include the United Kingdom ($38.8M), Germany ($34.5m), and France ($30.7M). Frozen took $5.2 million from its weekend debut in Australia, reaching a $6.8 million total including previews. It is the third biggest opening for a Disney/Pixar release in the territory behind Finding Nemo andToy Story 3. The film hit $24 million in Russia to become the highest grossing Disney/Pixar animated release in the country's history. The film is expected to become the most successful Disney Animation Studios release of all time in the United Kingdom before New Year's Eve. Next weekend will see openings in Brazil, Argentina, Paraguar, Chile, Ecuador, and Colombia for Frozen. The film will be released in Japan on March 15, 2014."Great results in Oz. Next weekend it opens in South America.

• Like 1

Boxoffice.com: "Frozen collected $50.5 million in its fifth weekend overseas, reaching a $243.5 million cume outside of North America. The animated film is on the verge of hitting $500 million globally with a $491.8 million worldwide total. Frozen is currently in release in 43 territories. The top overseas markets for the film include the United Kingdom ($38.8M), Germany ($34.5m), and France ($30.7M). Frozen took $5.2 million from its weekend debut in Australia, reaching a $6.8 million total including previews. It is the third biggest opening for a Disney/Pixar release in the territory behind Finding Nemo andToy Story 3. The film hit $24 million in Russia to become the highest grossing Disney/Pixar animated release in the country's history. The film is expected to become the most successful Disney Animation Studios release of all time in the United Kingdom before New Year's Eve. Next weekend will see openings in Brazil, Argentina, Paraguar, Chile, Ecuador, and Colombia for Frozen. The film will be released in Japan on March 15, 2014."Great results in Oz. Next weekend it opens in South America.

These are some unprecedented numbers for a Walt Disney Animation Studios release. Staggering numbers from Europe and Australia. I expect South America and later on Japan to embrace it as well.

• Like 1

These are some unprecedented numbers for a Walt Disney Animation Studios release. Staggering numbers from Europe and Australia. I expect South America and later on Japan to embrace it as well.

Disney needs to promote it in Disneyland Tokyo, that would help a lot in Japan I think :)

Disney needs to promote it in Disneyland Tokyo, that would help a lot in Japan I think :)

Strangely enough a Snow Queen stage show was in production for Disneyland Tokyo in the early 2000s. Alan Menken had composed several songs for it, one of which is on YouTube I think. It was canceled and we now have Frozen obviously.

But with this success rate, a Broadway show will be coming sooner rather than later anyway.

• Like 1

Boxoffice.com: "Frozen collected $50.5 million in its fifth weekend overseas, reaching a $243.5 million cume outside of North America. The animated film is on the verge of hitting $500 million globally with a $491.8 million worldwide total. Frozen is currently in release in 43 territories. The top overseas markets for the film include the United Kingdom ($38.8M), Germany ($34.5m), and France ($30.7M). Frozen took $5.2 million from its weekend debut in Australia, reaching a $6.8 million total including previews. It is the third biggest opening for a Disney/Pixar release in the territory behind Finding Nemo andToy Story 3. The film hit $24 million in Russia to become the highest grossing Disney/Pixar animated release in the country's history. The film is expected to become the most successful Disney Animation Studios release of all time in the United Kingdom before New Year's Eve. Next weekend will see openings in Brazil, Argentina, Paraguar, Chile, Ecuador, and Colombia for Frozen. The film will be released in Japan on March 15, 2014."Great results in Oz. Next weekend it opens in South America.

Excellent numbers, especially UK. It already outgrossed Tangled and Ralph there, and it isn't even finished yet!

I'm curious as to how well this will do in the Nordic countries, for obvious reasons.

I see it opened Dec. 13 in Iceland, and IMDB has Dec. 20 for Finland and Dec. 25 for Denmark, but I don't see numbers for them.

Sweden isn't until Jan. 31 and I can't find a release date for Norway at all.

I'm curious as to how well this will do in the Nordic countries, for obvious reasons.

I see it opened Dec. 13 in Iceland, and IMDB has Dec. 20 for Finland and Dec. 25 for Denmark, but I don't see numbers for them.

Sweden isn't until Jan. 31 and I can't find a release date for Norway at all.

I think it already opened it Norway. Not sure though. Well, nordic countries don't really pull very big numbers, so even if it smashes there, I doubt it'll be big relative to the obviously large markets, hence the lack of numbers yet.

Hi guys :) I'm new! :D
As Italian I can say that Frozen is a BIG success in Italy as well. It's the most viewed movie of the holidays! And it is first in the italian chart (The Hobbit is second). 
The movie earned 10,329,000 euros in its first 10 days (more or less 14.230.271 dollars….Tangled has earned 14.670.362 in total), and probably it will do better than DM. Frozen has raised the cinema industry here, guys! The theaters are full thanks to Frozen…..just like the old days! :) There was not so much excitement for a Disney classic since….well, the '90s! :3

EDIT: At the moment the movie earned 11.194.761 euros (15.417.041 dollars) in 11 days! :) It surpassed The Hobbit (11.044.616 euros).

ps. Sorry for my english! :)
Edited by BuffyfanIT
  • Like 11

Hi guys :) I'm new! As Italian I can say that Frozen is a BIG success in Italy as well. It's the most viewed movie of the holidays! And it is first in the italian chart (The Hobbit is second). The movie earned 10,329,000 euros in its first 10 days (more or less 14.230.271 dollars….Tangled has earned 14.670.362 in total), and probably it will do better than DM. Frozen has raised the cinema industry here, guys! The theaters are full thanks to Frozen…..just like the old days! :) There was not so much excitement for a Disney classic since….well, the '90s! :3EDIT: At the moment the movie earned 11.194.761 euros (15.417.041 dollars) in 11 days! :) It surpassed The Hobbit (11.044.616 euros).ps. Sorry for my english! :)

Welcome to the forum :D Your English is good, no worries. Thanks for all the Italy BO updates.