film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

looks like Brave will be the second least attended Pixar film after Cars 2

Yup.Finding Nemo 53-58M---Toy Story 3 45-50MToy Story 2 45-50MMonsters, Inc. 42-47MToy Story 42-47MThe Incredibles 40-45M---Cars 35-40MUp 32-37MA Bug's Life 32-37MWALL-E 29-34MRatatouille 29-34M---Brave ~22-27MCars 2 20-25M Edited by cory
  • Like 3

Will we ever see any other animated film hit the heights that Finding Nemo, Shrek 2, Toy Story 3, and Lion King reached? I know that these films are still successful, but for the most part, even with Pixar as of late, parents take kids to see animated movies in droves more out of ""well, it's the latest animated movie, I have to take my kid", than out of any genuine feeling of "looks fantastic, I have got to see that too!" I wonder what the next original animated film to truly break out --as in, it becomes a must-see-event for parents and kids--will be.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

The number of animated films and competition has increased significantly.

Totally. Technically, they still make money, but, just like with any other type of movie, the bloom's off the rose. Heck, even Pixar films seem to be going through the motions lately.

The one that I think the audience will love the most though is THE GOOD DINOSAUR.

Which one is that? Pixar? Dreamworks? Edited by cochofles

The Good Dinosaur: "This hilarious, heartfelt and original tale is directed by Bob Peterson (co-director/writer, Up; writer, Finding Nemo) and produced by John Walker (The Incredibles, The Iron Giant).[1]"

WOW...with that pedigree, and if all those people bring their A-game, I cannot imagine this not becoming an instant classic.

Totally. Technically, they still make money, but, just like with any other type of movie, the bloom's off the rose. Heck, even Pixar films seem to be going through the motions lately.

Which one is that? Pixar? Dreamworks?

Pixar's original movie coming after MU.

I think Animation market has become too crowded these days for one animated movie to have a Finding Nemo or TLK type run. Those were different days. High ticket prices are another big issue for family movies.

• Like 1

Will we ever see any other animated film hit the heights that Finding Nemo, Shrek 2, Toy Story 3, and Lion King reached? I know that these films are still successful, but for the most part, even with Pixar as of late, parents take kids to see animated movies in droves more out of ""well, it's the latest animated movie, I have to take my kid", than out of any genuine feeling of "looks fantastic, I have got to see that too!" I wonder what the next original animated film to truly break out --as in, it becomes a must-see-event for parents and kids--will be.

TS3 just came out two years ago. It's a little silly to worry about something ever being able to reach that level.