film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

That's about a 30% bump for TASM, very good. It's definitely a hit and I'm sure this is what Sony had it pegged at all along. They had to know that the reboot/badWOM from 3rd/new cast and so on would stunt any chances at 300. So with a 750-800 WW, I think they can be happy.

ThanX Baumer, for your reasonable approach & objective analysis. :) Wish more people 'round here would follow your lead. Sadly, I think that's askin' too much.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why everyone is claiming this second weekend as a triumph for TASM. It's going to drop almost as much as Avengers did, following a record breaking opening and a Friday opening instead of Tuesday. Still, I have to hand it to Sony for successfully targeting the Twilight audience. I saw gangs and gangs of teenage girls going to see TASM this weekend and talking about what a "grabbable butt" Garfield has. Without them, it probably would have dropped around 60% this weekend. :)

Twilight audience? :rolleyes:Insecure much? :)Grow up. :D
  • Like 1

35M is fantastic!Why is there so less discussion? Because haters now realize that in no way they can spin this weekend number as bad? :POne bad drop and they will be back in force.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

35M is fantastic!Why is there so less discussion? Because haters now realize that in no way they can spin this weekend number as bad? :POne bad drop and they will be back in force.

I think everyone is just bored of the arguing at this point. :P
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I haven't really been following it, but I assume people are pleasantly surprised by this current figure because weekdays suggested it'd be lower?

Hmm, I'm not sure why they would think that (not saying they didn't though). Its basically followed Transformers every step of the way -- slightly better, in fact, thanks to 3D and IMAX padding.

Why is TASM doing well on weekends but mediocre on weekdays?

Wasn't TA kinda like that tho? The weekends seemed to do better than the weekdays would of led you to believe, especially Saturdays & Sundays. I think anyways, not 100% sure... ?