film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

Brave is bombing OS

It's not bombing OS. I'm still worried about Europe though because of the shit going on there.

WALL-E | BRAVE

14.17 | 07.01 AUSTRALIA

00.22 | 00.14 BOLIVIA

00.00 | 04.20 CHINA

00.50 | 00.37 INDIA

00.90 | 01.05 INDONESIA

01.18 | 00.88 MALAYSIA

01.89 | 00.76 NEW ZEALAND

11.69 | 11.87 RUSSIA

01.22 | 00.91 UKRAINE

30.41 | 27.19 TOTAL

I'm using WALL-E for the comparison. This film made 297.5 M overseas. It's a good barometer whether BRAVE is going to pass 300 M or not.

The chart shows WALL-E is ahead in 6 out of the 9 markets. But take note that those are its totals already. Having said that, if this is any indication, 300 M for BRAVE is a lock. Look at those 10-day and 11-day totals from Indonesia and Russia. Not to mention the fact that even if disappointed in China, at least it has grossed something unlike WALL-E which I think had not even been released there.

Really? It's in my Top 3 with The Incredibles and Up. :S I really can't chose.

Am I a bad person for never having watched any Pixar film in theaters after Toy Story 1? I'm old, I'm a huge Pixar fan but I can't bring myself to care going to theaters to see the films. I feel like a lot of people feel this way. Forgive us. :(

IA4's looking at mid to low 40's with that number but it's budget is under control plus OS, it's a success for FOX. Anything above 10M is awesome for TASM, so 11M is beyond great. :) Some haters were expecting over 55% drop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me correct you because seriously, such a big pet peeve of mine when I see people spelling it wrong: It's Spider-Man. Actually, it's The Amazing Spider-Man, but Spider-Man or Spidey for short it's okay. I know people usually make a mistake but it makes my eyes burn, so I'm trying to educate people about Spider-Man's correct spelling. :P

You sound like me when I first started posting on BOM...trust me, it's not worth bothering. ;)
  • Like 3

Am I a bad person for never having watched any Pixar film in theaters after Toy Story 1?I'm old, I'm a huge Pixar fan but I can't bring myself to care going to theaters to see the films. I feel like a lot of people feel this way.Forgive us. :(

You're a Pixar fan and yet you don't watch them in theater, shame on you. Stop everything and go watch Brave when it comes out in Brazil, movie is absolutely awesome. You're gonna love it.

Hopefully, Japan will help push Brave towards 300M+ OS. :)

That would be nice. I am still the only rep for Brave in the Brave WW over Mad 3 foreign/IA4 foreign. 300M OS will keep it in the conversation with IA4.

That would be nice. I am still the only rep for Brave in the Brave WW over Mad 3 foreign/IA4 foreign. 300M OS will keep it in the conversation with IA4.

I'm still shocked that Brave's not having better drops. I'm hoping, it finishes over Cars 1's total of 244M.

Am I a bad person for never having watched any Pixar film in theaters after Toy Story 1?I'm old, I'm a huge Pixar fan but I can't bring myself to care going to theaters to see the films. I feel like a lot of people feel this way.Forgive us. :(

You didn't watch Finding Nemo in the theater?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6vnqxp6iiA&feature=youtu.be
  • Like 1