CoolioD1

Emmy Nominations (2013)

Tough to predict a drama winner this year.

I stopped watching Mad Men three seasons ago. I'd say it was the frontrunner, but alot of the buzz from this season cited it was a decline in quality from the one previous, and if that one didn't win....

Then again, as a huge Homeland fan, even I can admit this season was a dramatic drop off from season one. Season one was one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on TV, but this season just felt like a good season of 24 (the second half of it at least).

I'm catching up on Breaking Bad, and I'm only through two seasons and change, but holy shit. This show is genius. I fully understand the hype. If this season was as good as season 2, it deserves the win. But still, it's a half season in a competitive year with the final season coming up. Might have to wait.

Dowton Abbey is a sensation that will get nominated always but won't ever win the big one, and rightfully so. Don't get the hype.

House of Cards is just happy to be here this year. As a political communication major going to school in D.C., I can't help but say that, against all odds, this show is a little overrated.

With all that said, maybe my favorite show, Game of Thrones, actually has a legit shot this year. I'd be more confident if NCW had rightfully picked up a nom, but my baby boo Clarke did to make up for it. It has the least going against it- it was an improvement over last season, it isn't close to the finale, and it has experience at this point. It also had the most talked about moment on scripted TV in years this seasons. It is the highest rated and most popular of the shows nominated. Any chance it does it?

I'd still like for BB or MM to win it. Homeland was meh aside from a few episodes (Q&A, which they submitted), GOT had the brilliance of the RW, but don't think it deserves it overall, Downton's good, but not worthy enough for a win. I love HOC, but I know it doesn't have a chance. I'd give the slight edge to MM simply because it's a whole season.

Now that I'm actually watching some of the TV comedy this year, holy hell the Emmys are shit. Parks and Rec doesn't get a Comedy nomination but some of that other crap does? I want to be excited for all the Louie nods but I know none of them will win. If Louis CK gets beat by that fuck Jim Parsons...

• Like 1

Lead Actor in a Drama SeriesHugh Bonneville, Downton AbbeyBryan Cranston, Breaking BadJeff Daniels, The NewsroomJon Hamm, Mad MenKevin Spacey, House of CardsDamian Lewis, Homeland

Lead Actress in a Drama SeriesConnie Britton, NashvilleClaire Danes, HomelandElisabeth Moss, Mad MenMichelle Dockery, Downton AbbeyVera Farmiga, Bates MotelKerry Washington, ScandalRobin Wright, House of Cards

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A MovieBenedict Cumberbatch, Parade's EndMichael Douglas, Behind The CandelabraMatt Damon, Behind The CandelabraToby Jones, The GirlAl Pacino, Phil Spector

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Miniseries Or A MovieJessica Lange, American Horror Story: AsylumLaura Linney, The Big C: HereafterHelen Mirren, Phil SpectorElisabeth Moss, Top of the LakeSigourney Weaver, Political Animals

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition ProgramRyan Seacrest, American IdolBetty White, Betty White's Off Their RockersTom Bergeron, Dancing With The StarsHeidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project RunwayCat Deeley, So You Think You Can DanceAnthony Bourdain, The Taste-Don't watch any of these but I like Bourdain

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy SeriesAlec Baldwin, 30 RockJason Bateman, Arrested DevelopmentLouis C.K., LouieDon Cheadle, House of LiesMatt LeBlanc, EpisodesJim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory-Only one in this category I'v seen

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy SeriesLaura Dern, EnlightenedLena Dunham, GirlsEdie Falco, Nurse JackieTIna Fey, 30 RockJulia Louis-Dreyfus, VeepAmy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Reality-Competition SeriesThe Amazing RaceDancing With the StarsProject RunwaySo You Think You Can DanceTop ChefThe Voice

Variety SeriesThe Colbert ReportThe Daily ShowLate Night With Jimmy FallonJimmy Kimmel LiveSaturday Night LiveReal Time With Bill Maher

Drama SeriesBreaking BadDownton AbbeyGame of ThronesHouse of CardsHomelandMad Men

Comedy Series30 RockThe Big BangGirlsLouieModern Family-Would have voted for Parks and Rec had it been here.  I love MF but Parks and Rec was better.Veep

Miniseries or MovieAmerican Horror StoryBehind the CandelabraThe BiblePhil SpectorPolitical AnimalsTop of the Lake

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama SeriesBobby Cannavale, Boardwalk EmpireJonathan Banks, Breaking BadAaron Paul, Breaking BadJim Carter, Downton AbbeyPeter Dinklage, Game Of ThronesMandy Patinkin, Homeland

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama SeriesAnna Gunn, Breaking BadMaggie Smith, Downton AbbeyEmilia Clarke, Game Of ThronesChristine Baranski, The Good WifeMorena Baccarin, HomelandChristina Hendricks, Mad Men

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama SeriesNathan Lane, The Good WifeMichael J. Fox, The Good WifeRupert Friend, HomelandRobert Morse, Mad MenHarry Hamlin, Mad MenDan Bucatinsky, Scandal

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy SeriesAdam Driver, GirlsJesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern FamilyEd O'Neill, Modern FamilyTy Burrell, Modern Family-Would have loved to seen Nick Offerman or Rob Lowe.  However, Burrell was outstanding this yearBill Hader, Saturday Night LiveTony Hale, Veep

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy SeriesMayim Bialik, The Big Bang TheoryJane Lynch, GleeJulie Bowen, Modern FamilyMerritt Wever, Nurse JackieSofia Vergara, Modern FamilyJane Krakowski, 30 RockAnna Chlumsky, Veep

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy SeriesBob Newhart, The Big Bang TheoryNathan Lane, Modern FamilyBobby Cannavale, Nurse JackieLouis C.K., Saturday Night LiveJustin Timberlake, Saturday Night LiveWill Forte, 30 Rock

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama SeriesMargo Martindale, The AmericansDiana Rigg, Game Of ThronesCarrie Preston, The Good WifeLinda Cardellini, Mad MenJane Fonda, The NewsroomJoan Cusack, Shameless

Outstanding Writing For A Drama SeriesGeorge Mastras, Breaking Bad • Dead FreightThomas Schnauz, Breaking Bad • Say My NameJulian Fellowes, Downton Abbey • Episode 4D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, Game Of Thrones • The Rains Of CastamereHenry Bromell, Homeland • Q&A 

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
Tim Van Patten, Boardwalk Empire • Margate Sands
Michelle MacLaren, Breaking Bad • Gliding Over All 
Jeremy Webb, Downton Abbey • Episode 4
Lesli Linka Glatter, Homeland • Q&A 
David Fincher, House Of Cards
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
Molly Shannon, Enlightened
Dot-Marie Jones, Glee
Melissa Leo, Louie 
Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live 
Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series
Jeffrey Klarik and David Crane, Episodes • Episode 209
Louis C.K and Pamela Adlon, Louie • Daddy's Girlfriend (Part 1)
Greg Daniels, The Office • Finale
Robert Carlock and Jack Burditt, 30 Rock • Hogcock!
Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield, 30 Rock 

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series
Lena Dunham, Girls • On All Fours
Paris Barclay, Glee • Diva
Louis C.K., Louie • New Year's Eve
Gail Mancuso, Modern Family • Arrested
Beth McCarthy-Miller, 30 Rock • Hogcock! / Last Lunch

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum
Zachary Quinto, American Horror Story: Asylum
Scott Bakula, Behind The Candelabra
John Benjamin, The Big C: Hereafter
Peter Mullan, Top Of The Lake
Haven't seen any

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Asylum
Imelda Staunton, The Girl
Ellen Burstyn, Political Animals
Charlotte Rampling, Restless
Alfre Woodard, Steel Magnolias
Haven't seen any

Outstanding Writing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Richard LaGravenese Behind The Candelabra
Abi Morgan, The Hour
Tom Stoppard, Parade's End
David Mamet, Phil Spector
Gerard Lee and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake

Outstanding Directing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Steven Soderbergh, Behind The Candelabra
Julian Jarrold, The Girl
Allison Anders, Ring Of Fire
Garth Davis and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake • Part 5
Outstanding Variety Special
The Kennedy Center Honors 
Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Mel Brooks Strikes Back! With Mel Brooks And Alan Yentob
Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update Thursday (Part One) 
12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief
Haven't seen any

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Series
The Colbert Report 
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart 
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Portlandia
Real Time With Bill Maher 
Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Special
Night Of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together For Autism Programs
66th Annual Tony Awards

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series
James Hoskinson, The Colbert Report
Chuck O'Neil, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Andy Fisher, Jimmy Kimmel Live
Jerry Foley, Late Show With David Letterman
Jonathan Krisel, Portlandia
Don Roy King, Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Special
Louis J. Horvitz, The Kennedy Center Honors
Hamish Hamilton and Bucky Gunts, London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
Louis C.K, Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Don Mischer, The Oscars
Michael Dempsey, 12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief

I don't have HBO so I have not seen any of their shows except maybe something on a free weekend.  Which would explain the Phil Spector choices.

Now that I'm actually watching some of the TV comedy this year, holy hell the Emmys are shit. Parks and Rec doesn't get a Comedy nomination but some of that other crap does? I want to be excited for all the Louie nods but I know none of them will win. If Louis CK gets beat by that fuck Jim Parsons...

Their comedy shit has always been awful. This year is something of an improvement. Louis CK was nominated something like 9 times this year, so I think he's bound to win a couple like he did last year.

It's too bad for all these great supporting characters in Breaking Bad. They give great, great performances in their farewell seasons and Aaron Paul is still somehow better. I thought Banks was wonderful in "Say My Name" (which I have to imagine will be his submission) but I can't honestly say it beats Jesse's breakdown in "Madrigal", which was an award winning performance if you ask me.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

My preferences (not predictions):

Lead Actor in a Drama SeriesHugh Bonneville, Downton AbbeyBryan Cranston, Breaking BadJeff Daniels, The NewsroomJon Hamm, Mad MenKevin Spacey, House of CardsDamian Lewis, Homeland

Lead Actress in a Drama SeriesConnie Britton, NashvilleClaire Danes, HomelandElisabeth Moss, Mad MenMichelle Dockery, Downton AbbeyVera Farmiga, Bates MotelKerry Washington, ScandalRobin Wright, House of Cards

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A MovieBenedict Cumberbatch, Parade's EndMichael Douglas, Behind The CandelabraMatt Damon, Behind The CandelabraToby Jones, The GirlAl Pacino, Phil Spector

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Miniseries Or A MovieJessica Lange, American Horror Story: AsylumLaura Linney, The Big C: HereafterHelen Mirren, Phil SpectorElisabeth Moss, Top of the LakeSigourney Weaver, Political Animals

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition ProgramRyan Seacrest, American IdolBetty White, Betty White's Off Their RockersTom Bergeron, Dancing With The StarsHeidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project RunwayCat Deeley, So You Think You Can DanceAnthony Bourdain, The Taste

N/A- DAFUQ?

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy SeriesAlec Baldwin, 30 RockJason Bateman, Arrested DevelopmentLouis C.K., LouieDon Cheadle, House of LiesMatt LeBlanc, EpisodesJim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy SeriesLaura Dern, EnlightenedLena Dunham, GirlsEdie Falco, Nurse JackieTIna Fey, 30 RockJulia Louis-Dreyfus, VeepAmy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (Sorry JLD, Amy is due for a win though)

Reality-Competition SeriesThe Amazing RaceDancing With the StarsProject RunwaySo You Think You Can DanceTop ChefThe Voice

Variety SeriesThe Colbert ReportThe Daily ShowLate Night With Jimmy FallonJimmy Kimmel LiveSaturday Night LiveReal Time With Bill Maher

Drama SeriesBreaking BadDownton AbbeyGame of ThronesHouse of CardsHomelandMad Men

Comedy Series30 RockThe Big BangGirlsLouieModern FamilyVeep

Miniseries or MovieAmerican Horror StoryBehind the CandelabraThe BiblePhil SpectorPolitical AnimalsTop of the Lake

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama SeriesBobby Cannavale, Boardwalk EmpireJonathan Banks, Breaking BadAaron Paul, Breaking BadJim Carter, Downton AbbeyPeter Dinklage, Game Of ThronesMandy Patinkin, Homeland

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama SeriesAnna Gunn, Breaking BadMaggie Smith, Downton AbbeyEmilia Clarke, Game Of Thrones (ASTAPOR :wub: )Christine Baranski, The Good WifeMorena Baccarin, HomelandChristina Hendricks, Mad Men

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama SeriesNathan Lane, The Good WifeMichael J. Fox, The Good WifeRupert Friend, HomelandRobert Morse, Mad MenHarry Hamlin, Mad MenDan Bucatinsky, Scandal

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy SeriesAdam Driver, GirlsJesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern FamilyEd O'Neill, Modern FamilyTy Burrell, Modern FamilyBill Hader, Saturday Night LiveTony Hale, Veep

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy SeriesMayim Bialik, The Big Bang TheoryJane Lynch, GleeJulie Bowen, Modern FamilyMerritt Wever, Nurse JackieSofia Vergara, Modern FamilyJane Krakowski, 30 RockAnna Chlumsky, Veep

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy SeriesBob Newhart, The Big Bang TheoryNathan Lane, Modern FamilyBobby Cannavale, Nurse JackieLouis C.K., Saturday Night LiveJustin Timberlake, Saturday Night LiveWill Forte, 30 Rock

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama SeriesMargo Martindale, The AmericansDiana Rigg, Game Of ThronesCarrie Preston, The Good WifeLinda Cardellini, Mad MenJane Fonda, The NewsroomJoan Cusack, Shameless (Deepest apologies Queen of Thorns, but the lack of respect for Shameless is shameful!!!)

Outstanding Writing For A Drama SeriesGeorge Mastras, Breaking Bad • Dead Freight (so tense)Thomas Schnauz, Breaking Bad • Say My NameJulian Fellowes, Downton Abbey • Episode 4D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, Game Of Thrones • The Rains Of Castamere (awesome but it was right there on the pages of the book)Henry Bromell, Homeland • Q&A

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
Tim Van Patten, Boardwalk Empire • Margate Sands
Michelle MacLaren, Breaking Bad • Gliding Over All 
Jeremy Webb, Downton Abbey • Episode 4
Lesli Linka Glatter, Homeland • Q&A 
David Fincher, House Of Cards
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
Molly Shannon, Enlightened
Dot-Marie Jones, Glee
Melissa Leo, Louie (LEOOOOGEENNDDDD!)
Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live 
Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series
Jeffrey Klarik and David Crane, Episodes • Episode 209
Louis C.K and Pamela Adlon, Louie • Daddy's Girlfriend (Part 1)
Greg Daniels, The Office • Finale
Robert Carlock and Jack Burditt, 30 Rock • Hogcock!
Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield, 30 Rock 

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series
Lena Dunham, Girls • On All Fours
Paris Barclay, Glee • Diva
Louis C.K., Louie • New Year's Eve
Gail Mancuso, Modern Family • Arrested
Beth McCarthy-Miller, 30 Rock • Hogcock! / Last Lunch

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum
Zachary Quinto, American Horror Story: Asylum
Scott Bakula, Behind The Candelabra
John Benjamin, The Big C: Hereafter
Peter Mullan, Top Of The Lake

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Asylum
Imelda Staunton, The Girl
Ellen Burstyn, Political Animals
Charlotte Rampling, Restless
Alfre Woodard, Steel Magnolias

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Writing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Richard LaGravenese Behind The Candelabra
Abi Morgan, The Hour
Tom Stoppard, Parade's End
Gerard Lee and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Directing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
Steven Soderbergh, Behind The Candelabra
Julian Jarrold, The Girl
Allison Anders, Ring Of Fire

Garth Davis and Jane Campion, Top Of The Lake • Part 5

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Variety Special
The Kennedy Center Honors 
Mel Brooks Strikes Back! With Mel Brooks And Alan Yentob
12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Series
The Colbert Report 
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart 
Jimmy Kimmel Live 
Portlandia
Real Time With Bill Maher 
Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Writing For A Variety Special
Night Of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together For Autism Programs
66th Annual Tony Awards

N/A- HAVEN'T SEEN ANY

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series
James Hoskinson, The Colbert Report
Chuck O'Neil, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Andy Fisher, Jimmy Kimmel Live
Jerry Foley, Late Show With David Letterman
Jonathan Krisel, Portlandia
Don Roy King, Saturday Night Live

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Special
Louis J. Horvitz, The Kennedy Center Honors
Hamish Hamilton and Bucky Gunts, London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
Louis C.K, Louis C.K.: Oh My God
Don Mischer, The Oscars
Michael Dempsey, 12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief

i'm super super thrilled for kerry washington nomination in lead drama actress for SCANDAL , i love that show so much , its my new tv guilty pleasure 

i'm even more happy to see emilia clarke nominated GO KHALEESI DAENERYS "STORMBORN" TARGARYEN WOOHOO

i'll be rooting for GOT to win best drama 

don't care about comedies category as the only one i've seen episodes from is girls on hbo and i'm still stuck on ep3 of s01

bryan cranston for best actor

the only really good thing about the emmys is the miniseries category, i love the miniseries format , they bring stories you wouldnt know about otherwise , hbo in the lead 

i see bobby cannavale has 2 noms for different performances congrats to him , i hated him in boardwalk empire which means he did a great job as his character was despicable 

congrats to zachary quinto also for his nom in sup actor category for miniseries

diana rigg for GOT , she did steal every scene she was in, too bad charles dance didnt get a nom maybe next season

It's too bad for all these great supporting characters in Breaking Bad. They give great, great performances in their farewell seasons and Aaron Paul is still somehow better. I thought Banks was wonderful in "Say My Name" (which I have to imagine will be his submission) but I can't honestly say it beats Jesse's breakdown in "Madrigal", which was an award winning performance if you ask me.

Except for Giancarlo Esposito, he was robbed.

They introduced Dean Norris on stage as "From 'Under The Dome' Dean Norris". Seriously? I realize this is on CBS, but I really doubt if most of the viewers recognize him from "Under the Dome". Hell, show a picture of him and most people will automatically go Hank Schrader.

They introduced Dean Norris on stage as "From 'Under The Dome' Dean Norris". Seriously? I realize this is on CBS, but I really doubt if most of the viewers recognize him from "Under the Dome". Hell, show a picture of him and most people will automatically go Hank Schrader.

What is Under the Dome?