Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Wow that that shooting is something completely unexpected. It makes me feel so sad, the excitement of the people who were just hoping to watch a movie they had likely anticipating for a long time, and likely how happy they were before this sadistic asshole decided to do this. My deepest condolences and prayers to the victims, their families, and the theater employees.And that girl that Baumer talked about that was just involved in another shooting, was she ever actually confirmed dead? I hope not :(

Apparently when they described the massacre to this piece of shit's mother, her first response was "You've got the right guy"

Things like this infuriate me...terrible parents turning a blind eye about their children till it's too late to do something, etc. Yeah, being a parent is hard, etc. and I know he was 24 and not a kid, but lack of parenting is so, so frustrating.

Apparently when they described the massacre to this piece of shit's mother, her first response was "You've got the right guy"

She hadnt heard about it, and the news called her. She was like "omfg. i already know you have the right man. i need to get Colorado asap".

Things like this infuriate me...terrible parents turning a blind eye about their children till it's too late to do something, etc. Yeah, being a parent is hard, etc. and I know he was 24 and not a kid, but lack of parenting is so, so frustrating.

How do you know that was the case? I mean, parenting can only go so far.Alfred's monologue in The Dark Knight is sadly appropriate here. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Have to say, I'm slightly disappointed by that number. From what my theater did and all the sellout reports some of the posters did here, it seemed like this was going to be at worst the #2 midnight performer of all-time. I guess it could still hit 30m but anything less than 33m probably means Eclipse sold more tickets.I'm hoping this can have a great Friday though. The effect of the shooting may or may not be overplayed. We'll see. Horrible stuff happens everyday, a lot of people like to stay in their own bubble with this kind of stuff.

How do you know that was the case here? I mean, parenting can only go so far.Alfred's monologue in The Dark Knight is sadly appropriate here.

I don't, and I don't think he lived at home anymore, and maybe the parents had him in therapy etc as a kid/adolescent, but that reaction by the mother bothers me.