Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I'm disappointed in it because it's very clear the number is lower than what it would be. Sellouts are nowhere near other movies of this caliber, and presales are apparently stopping the number from looking worse than it does.

Yeah, this is how I feel too.

I don't think it is because of the numbers, but the shootings have dampened the mood entirely, and it's the sombre mood and the apathy some people are showing towards the numbers in respect of the victims that some people are misinterpreting as Disappointment.

This. I have no interest in checking showtimes and updating sellouts. It just feels meaningless and pointless. I'm still really looking forward to seeing the movie tomorrow, but there's a huge pall over today.

Scotiabank Theatre Toronto, one of the biggest theatres in Canada, only has 7 sellouts for Friday thus far (excluding the midnight showings this morning). Lol, that's really not encouraging.

I'm disappointed in it because it's very clear the number is lower than what it would be. Sellouts are nowhere near other movies of this caliber, and presales are apparently stopping the number from looking worse than it does.

Well sell-outs are harder when the screen count is so high. It could still come close to or beat the attendance record and that would be an amazing feat.

Hey, some is disappointed with this number? Come on.

Well, there were some loons predicting 210-230, but most reasonable folks shouldnt find the numbers anything but good.

Its like not only is this movie suffering a little critically from following up TDK, but it seems to be suffering in its Box Office expectations from following up The Avengers as well.

Edited by Orestes

Well, there were some loons predicting 210-230, but most reasonable folks shouldnt find the numbers anything but good.

Its like not only is this movie suffering a little critically from following up TDK, but it seems to be suffering in its Box Office expectations from following up The Avengers as well.

Who on earth was saying $230m?

This. I have no interest in checking showtimes and updating sellouts. It just feels meaningless and pointless. I'm still really looking forward to seeing the movie tomorrow, but there's a huge pall over today.

^exactly, I only got figures because my doorman's family barely gets by, and I tip him when he gives me numbers, because he doesn't accept money otherwise.And at 85M+, I should be hugely excited, but I just feel miserable right now. Edited by riczhang

I don't see how some people can claim Heath Ledger's death meant the world for TDK's box office and then claim something like this, much fresher in people's minds when they go to the theater, isn't having a negative effect.

Just because TDKR is not breaking one record doesn't make the number disappointing. It still made over 30m, 2nd largest midnight ever, and without 3D. Seems great to me. Good for a weekend in the mid to upper 80s, maybe even 90, and again without 3D like DH2 and Avengers had. It will probably sell more tickets than either of them on opening weekend. 180-190 for the weekend would be amazing.

• Like 1