Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

"inspired by Batman scene"It would have to be from a previous Batman flick since this was the midnight showing and nobody had seen the movie. What a bastard. smh.

A "bastard" is the dude who cuts you off on the interstate. This is a murderous animal who must (and will) spend the rest of his life in a cage.

I heard that it was partly because he wasn't able to get a ticket.

I don't know if you're joking or what, but that's not true. This was premeditated and every detail was planned in advance, his dating profile has a bioline saying "will you visit me in jail?" and he rigged his apartment with booby traps, even timed his music to start blaring after midnight so police would come to the apartment to check out noise complaints. He was also in the theatre watching the film with the rest of the moviegoers, apparently he pretended to take a call and opened the exit only door. When he came back later he was decked out in his gear and started shooting.

While I agree that the film will indeed have good WOM, the midnight/early morning crowd presents self-selecting bias. People going to see this movie on opening day are more likely that the average audience to be the most ardent Batman/Nolan fans, so excellent WOM is to be expected. The WOM of the more casual crowd is what will propel this movie to greater (or not) heights in terms of BO performance.

I expect better than what would have been holds during the 2nd and 3rd weekends as fear and media coverage subside.

Make no mistake, box office will most definitely be affected. Not just for TDKR, but for all movies in the near future. People are afraid to go to the cinemas now. In time the fear will subside, but for now it's definitely going to make an impact.

I disagree. I don't believe that the BO performance of this, or any film, will be altered by anything more than 1% or so, if that. Time will tell in the upcoming month...should be very interesting to track.EDIT: I want to clarify and say performance after this weekend, which may be slightly changed. Edited by nAlkaline
  • Like 1

I don't know if you're joking or what, but that's not true. This was premeditated and every detail was planned in advance, his dating profile has a bioline saying "will you visit me in jail?" and he rigged his apartment with booby traps, even timed his music to start blaring after midnight so police would come to the apartment to check out noise complaints. He was also in the theatre watching the film with the rest of the moviegoers, apparently he pretended to take a call and opened the exit only door. When he came back later he was decked out in his gear and started shooting.

NVM then. and I was being absolutely serious, it was what I heard, but sadly I was misinformed. Edited by riczhang

If its 75m, I think it's difficult to argue that there wasn't some kind of effect for now. This thing keeps dropping down and down and something tells me it's not because of the reception of the film. The changes are too volatile for that.

Edited by MrPink

ABC news just broke in with an update, see the clip here to see what the asshole looks like.

Did the CO governor John Hickenlooper really just say this? He did of course, it's just ironic his choice of word.

"We are seeing this community rise up and do the things that communities do.

A standard line I suppose but still.

Let's not be misleading. The Variety article says 75-80M, not 75M. I definitely agree that 75M would be a lower than expected number, but I think we may be jumping to premature conclusions.

Edited by nAlkaline

Let's not be misleading. The Variety article says 75-80M, not 75M. I definitely agree that 75M would be a lower than expected number, but I think we maybe jumping to premature conclusions.

Didn't it used to be 80-90 Million?Then 80-85 Million?Now it's 75-80 Million

I believe that the highest early estimates were 80-85M, but I may be mistaken. Someone correct me if that's the case.

There was a 80-90M estimate from THR.