Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Could the problem also be that people just assume that theaters are going to have extra security and just don't want to deal with the inconvenience? Going to a movie can already be somewhat of an ordeal, especially for families.

She was definitely in the film for a good chunk, though. But yes, seeing more of her would have been better. The very moment I saw her in the second trailer of TDKR, I knew she was going to kick ass.

Never, ever understood the doubt surrounding her.

Didn't anyone else find the score to often be incredibly distracting?

The more I think about her the more I loved her role in the movie. I just wish she was in it a bit more.

Right now, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a Catwoman film with Hathaway cast, obviously. I couldn't have asked for anything more from her.
  • Like 1

She was definitely in the film for a good chunk, though. But yes, seeing more of her would have been better. The very moment I saw her in the second trailer of TDKR, I knew she was going to kick ass.

Nope. I loved it.

Selina Kyle, IMO, was the best written character in the trilogy. She's right up there with Joker. When people look back on these films years from now, I'm confident Ledger and Hathaway will be the two standouts.

Yes, except for hers. "Mind If I Cut In?" = ingenious!

Yea it will be very interesting to see how THG series does. Will it be like Spider-man and drop with each installment or will it be like LOTR and increase with each film?

I think the best comparisons for CF would be COS, SM2 and AOTC (they all followed a movie with huge hype and record-breaking openings).Now let's look how the admission for their OD compared to their prequels:TPM: 5.62MAOTC: 5.19MHP1: 5.71MHP2: 5.10MSM1: 6.78MSM2: 6.51MThere is a definite pattern here. But midnights changes the equations a bit for CF. I'd expect it to get 25-30M midnights, but the rest of Friday business will likely be around $45-47M.So $75M OD for me. A long way from the OD record.

The only, and I mean only, positive (box office related) about what's happening this weekend is that it sets up an extremely interesting second weekend...does the casual movie goer and families feel better a week later and return to see it, or does the bad momentum continue thoughtout its entire run?

Edited by FTF

The only, and I mean only, positive (box office related) about what's happening this weekend is that it sets up an extremely interesting second weekend...does the casual movie goer and families feel better a week later and return to see it, or does the bad momentum continue thoughtout its entire run?

I am not even sure what to think. Saturday and Sunday numbers will be a disaster.

Not at all. I loved the score. It really elevated the final hour of the film.

The tragedy in Colorado shouldn't deter anyone from seeing it if they really want to. Hopefully, this was just the wills of a madman and he is brought to proper justice.But still, after reading some of the reports of the victims... a three month old? A six year old? Who allows those to see a midnight screening? Where are the parents in this? Batman won't go away after midnight.Sigh. My thoughts and prayers are with all the vitims - both alive and dead - of this horrible incident.