Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Now it's about who's first at the expense of accuracy.

Its always been about that. News has always been bad. I mean, the phrase "yellow journalism" wasn't coined last week, ya know?

Posted Image

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Wow, I can believe it. I just don't understand why things are getting more expensive like movies and food. If the ecomony is bad, things should be cheaper not expensive but they are charging more cause people aren't spending as much as they use to, to save money.

Locally I did see a decrease in ticket prices during the height of the recession and an increase in matinee/"deal day" specials. Edited by pmoore

Locally I did see a decrease in ticket prices during the height of the recession and increase in matinees and "deal day" specials.

We haven't seen a decrease in prices, but that 12.50 or 12.99 for a regular adult 2D admission hasn't changed in at least 5 years now. Same price I paid when I came to vacation is the same price I'm paying now. Edited by riczhang

We can throw all the previous predictions and comparisons out of the window. This is unprecedented tragedy and therefore this film will have an unprecedented run. It's an idiotic statement to call 160m or 170m as a disappointment. OS numbers will prove that it's doing much better than TDK.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

so what movie could possible beat DH2 OD record?

If they play their cards right, I wouldn't be surprised to see The Hunger Games part 2 get opening day. It's box office run has been amazing. Another movie could very well be Avengers 2.

We can throw all the previous predictions and comparisons out of the window. This is unprecedented tragedy and therefore this film will have an unprecedented run. It's an idiotic statement to call 160m or 170m as a disappointment. OS numbers will prove that it's doing much better than TDK.

International numbers just don't impress like they used to, though, with the explosion of the foreign market. Look at the increase between POTC 3 and 4, for example.

Not as bad in the UK, if I worked minimum wage there, I'd be paid less than 4 quid an hour.

Minimum wage in the U.K is £6.08 ($9.49) per hour for persons aged over 21. Edited by ainsleyb

This is such a downer to track, knowing it could have been so much more.

I was just thinking the same, and you know what's funny? A lot of people, including me, joked that the only way this doesn't make 200m+ is if something catastrophic happens... And that is exactly what happened.

Minimum wage in the U.K is £6.08 ($9.49) per hour for persons aged over 21.

Yeah, I'm still under 18. So I'd get paid £3.68 ($5.75). I'm using this wage because a lot of people working in theatres are generally under 18. Edited by riczhang

77.2m. Much better.But still much lower than it should have been.

$77.2 milliong pretty good, just that Nikki's $80-$85 million estimate gave it too much high expectation.Great chance it still breaks $172 million set by TDK with inflation?

If they play their cards right, I wouldn't be surprised to see The Hunger Games part 2 get opening day. It's box office run has been amazing. Another movie could very well be Avengers 2.

Catching Fire doesn't have 3D but I could see it doing 80-85 million for the OD.I think TA 2 will be the first movie to have a 100+ million OD and 250+ OW.

Idk...we may have a Chamber of Secrets on our hands with Catching Fire.

I don't understand why it should stop people in let's say Topeka, Kansas from going. Just because it's TDKR your chances of being in a shootout is higher than seeing Madagascar?

You are missing the point. Some people may be scared, but a lot of people aren't going to the movies this weekend because its still fresh in their heads. People don't just forget about things like this, and the media sure as hell isn't helping.

I don't understand why it should stop people in let's say Topeka, Kansas from going. Just because it's TDKR your chances of being in a shootout is higher than seeing Madagascar?

A lot of people don't have that mode of thinking. Once something unexpected happens, it's chaos. The Joker had it right. Hearing about people dying in war and car accidents has no effect on people. But, a movie theater shooting, a very unusual and horrific event, people lose their minds.
  • Like 1