Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Some pages ago, i talked about a "total curse situation" for this movie.And i have forgotten about olympic Games!

You also have to account for the fact that TDK faced an extremely weak release schedule in the weeks after it came out. Step Brothers, The Mummy: TotDE, Pineapple Express, and Tropic Thunder were the strongest films it faced for over a month and a half. In that same span, TDKR contends with Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy, and The Expendables 2 within a month of release on top of the Olympics. Completely different set of circumstances.

I truly believe that the shooting tragedy has greatly decreased the appeal of seeing this movie for casual movie-goers, not just for this weekend but for its overall run. And I've been saying that since early Friday morning, before any numbers had come in.

Ok, TDKs OW and Run wasn't just based on Ledgers death, but the villain was much more popular than bane. TDKR, no death, no popular villain, no 3d, no records. Yeah it's the finale, but to think it was going to pull off numbers anywhere remotely close to The Avengers is just a fuckin joke. I think my $444m prediction for BSG is pretty spot on at this point. Don't see it passing $475m.

biz is unusually soft so far today for tdkr only imax shows are nearing capacity or selling out {nm} notfabio on Jul 21, 12:09

im sure it will pick up in the evening but it is nowhere near avengers or harry potter part 2 sat biz {nm}

Nowhere near Avengers Saturday business means under 55m. Nowhere near DH2 Saturday business means under 40m. Two very different but still negative things.

I give up.

This weekend has been so tragic, and it's clear the numbers are now hugely deflated.

I'm just hoping it rebounds soon,

I truly believe that the shooting tragedy has greatly decreased the appeal of seeing this movie for casual movie-goers, not just for this weekend but for its overall run. And I've been saying that since early Friday morning, before any numbers had come in.

I actually think it'll help the film's legs though. I wouldn't be surprised if people warm up and go see it later.

Estimated $30.6m midnights, and $72.2m od.The shooting didn't effect the movie, TDK was just huge because of Ledgers death. Fanboys rushed to this, and the general public is interested, but not as much as TDK.Under $50m Saturday, and under $40m Sunday.Weekend will be less then HP7.2. Who would've thunk?

There was certainly an impact as a result of the shooting, albeit a minor one. It does appear now that the film was just a bit over-predicted by a lot of people. I think the number is fantastic, considering TDK's OW was slightly inflated by Ledger, and this is still keeping pace.

I shudder to think what ASM would have made without 3D.

This great WOM that some Spidey fans say it has obviously doesn't exist... :slaphead:

!!

Want numbers for this.

How can we calculate it?

**1000 posts for you ;)**

biz is unusually soft so far today for tdkr only imax shows are nearing capacity or selling out {nm} notfabio on Jul 21, 12:09

im sure it will pick up in the evening but it is nowhere near avengers or harry potter part 2 sat biz {nm}

Nowhere near Avengers Saturday business means under 55m. Nowhere near DH2 Saturday business means under 40m. Two very different but still negative things.

:(

You also have to account for the fact that TDK faced an extremely weak release schedule in the weeks after it came out. Step Brothers, The Mummy: TotDE, Pineapple Express, and Tropic Thunder were the strongest films it faced for over a month and a half. In that same span, TDKR contends with Total Recall, The Bourne Legacy, and The Expendables 2 within a month of release on top of the Olympics. Completely different set of circumstances.

Olympics were just as much of a factor - if not more - in 2008 as the country watched with bated breath to see if Michael Phelps would make history.

Not even sure Total Recall is going to outgross the Mummy 3. Certainly Bourne and Expendables will hurt though.TDK did have to complete against the Olympics too, though it was closer to 2-3 weeks after release.

I actually think it'll help the film's legs though. I wouldn't be surprised if people warm up and go see it later.

I think the bump to the legs will be minor at best...it faces stiff competition every weekend starting in 2 weeks, not to mention the Olympics will decrease the overall performance of the BO. Edited by nAlkaline

Not even sure Total Recall is going to outgross the Mummy 3. Certainly Bourne and Expendables will hurt though.TDK did have to complete against the Olympics too, though it was closer to 2-3 weeks after release.

TR, Bourne, and Expendables are more direct competition though, compared to the comedies that TDK faced.