Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

more much lower hyped options, nearly everyone did and I think still does want to see the movie, there are many who want to do repeats which contribute to this. So you do admit the 80% will see TDKR, those remaining 20% will see it later and there will always be those who don't want to see it but they are far a few in between. This will easily go past 400 and will probably touch 500 Million.

I was just throwing out numbers in my example; they have no basis whatsoever is what will happen. My point is that this incident unequivocally hurts TDKR's grosses going forward. While you may not agree, TE2 and TBL are major releases and will detract from TDKR's business in a significant manner. TDK had smooth sailing when it faced off against the like of comedies and Step Brother in its release schedule. TDKR isn't so lucky. It needed to come out with a bang over the first two weeks. Throw in the Olympics and I simply don't see this sniffing 500M. Time will tell, however. It should be very interesting to track.

Well from what I've heard, BD2 is much less anticipated than BD1 because the first part is where all the "interesting" stuff happens. Again, that's what I've heard. I've never read the Twilight books so I can't speak for myself.

I don't think that'd make the slightest bit of difference. It is a Twilight film after all. The fans would come out if it was Taylor Lautner and R-Patz staring at a wall for 2 hours.

I was just throwing out numbers in my example; they have no basis whatsoever is what will happen. My point is that this incident unequivocally hurts TDKR's grosses going forward. While you may not agree, TE2 and TBL are major releases and will detract from TDKR's business in a significant manner. TDK had smooth sailing when it faced off against the like of comedies and Step Brother in its release schedule. TDKR isn't so lucky. It needed to come out with a bang over the first two weeks. Throw in the Olympics and I simply don't see this sniffing 500M. Time will tell, however. It should be very interesting to track.

Yeah I don't see 500m either. Hitting 450m would be good for the film though all things considered. Edited by MrPink

Was really good. Was completely sold out and there was applause at the beginning and end. The shooting was mentioned by a few people behind me but other than that it was great.

Must be amazing with 1700 people.I saw a few tweets regarding the fact security has been really tight there lately...

There really isn't. Your reasoning's have been beat to death and have no merit. The shooting is the ONLY reason this is doing what it is. Is it really that complicated?

Actually, they do have merit. Its pretty obvious you and some others here have an enormous emotional investment in Nolan's Batman universe and dismiss any contrarian logic and facts out of hand because you're in absolute shock this isn't gonna do 190-210m. Its pretty clear this is gonna get personal here pretty soon and some of you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm gonna leave before Sims throws his computer across the room.
  • Like 3

Even after the Saturday number is leaked, Sunday is going to be extremely difficult to project. I could see as much as a hard fall (30%) to as much as an extremely good hold (5%). Again, something like this has never happened before. So we have no idea...

If Heath Ledger were still alive, TDK probably would have opened with $110M.If Holmes had decided not to go through with the plan, TDKR probably would have opened with $190M.Now... they will both open around $160M. Strange how two tragedies could put two films so close together like that...

• Like 1