Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

-59.1% for MADAGASCAR lll

What did you expect after 45 days with two direct competitors and losing over 1000 screens this week. How long have you been tracking movie box office results? :rolleyes:This shouldn't have been much of a surprise especially for a guy who's been tracking movie for as long as you. Oh I know, you have eyes for Disney only.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but imo this is not even in the same vernacular as TDK and it was never going to be. It was handcuffed from the beginning. TDK is a miracle in that it imo is one of the most perfect films ever made. TDKR is a mess, plain and simple.

I love TDK and think it is pretty brilliant but far from perfect (especially the third act). It is still a ridiculously phenomenal film.

Baumer, you thought it was worse than SM3. You are projecting your opinion onto the rest of the audience just like Hasan. I say it's too early to know WOM. I also think it's possible the entire run gets hurt due to the serious depiction of terrorism in the film. That hits way too close to home given the shooting.

Yes it was. People who saw there was no joker still wanted to see the finale. plain and simple

Yep, whatever factor no-Joker played would have been outweighed by the large midnights.

there are 11 Positive reviews on RT which were scathing but still gave positive, out of 200+ . hardly many if any.

Thank you for looking that up. But how many of the other 200 reviews were more "this is good, but..." area? There are things I liked about TDKR. However, there's no way it was better than TDK or even BB. That gray area is what can skew a film. I've even seen RT consider a review "rotten" when I felt the review was rather positive overall. Hence, there's also a subjective nature to RT.

Heath Ledger's Joker = BossBane = 2nd rate villianAnne Hathaway = annoyingI'm on the side that the marketing was underwhelming as well. I understand the strategy in hiding alot for moviegoers but sometimes it backfires.

• Like 1

What did you expect after 45 days with two direct competitors and losing over 1000 screens this week. How long have you been tracking movie box office results? :rolleyes:This shouldn't have been much of a surprise especially for a guy who's been tracking movie for as long as you. Oh I know, you have eyes for Disney only.

Dude, what the heck? All he did was post the number.

Thank you for looking that up.But how many of the other 200 reviews were more "this is good, but..." area? There are things I liked about TDKR. However, there's no way it was better than TDK or even BB. That gray area is what can skew a film. I've even seen RT consider a review "rotten" when I felt the review was rather positive overall. Hence, there's also a subjective nature to RT.

now we go into semantics, Avengers and TASM have numerous, its fun but next! reviews...that happens in every movie. WOM for this for whoever is seen it is v good to great. This bodes well for those who think it can't match TDK and wanted to wait for dvd or something. Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Heath Ledger's Joker = BossBane = 2nd rate villianAnne Hathaway = annoyingI'm on the side that the marketing was underwhelming as well. I understand the strategy in hiding alot for moviegoers but sometimes it backfires.

You are in a very small minority about Anne Hathaway. Many viewers and reviewers consider her the highlight of the movie. See the above-posted NYTimes article.

if it is underperforming because of "no Joker" then why is it exceeding TDK and even Avengers in countries like the UK and Australia, markets that usually are close to how US films perform

the no joker thing is ridiculous but the reason it is doing well overseas is:1. Shooting incident has no bearing on international audiences2. International market has skyrocketed since 2008. it will make much more than TDK because of this

the no joker thing is ridiculous but the reason it is doing well overseas is:

1. Shooting incident has no bearing on international audiences

2. International market has skyrocketed since 2008. it will make much more than TDK because of this

But the UK and Australia are developed markets. TDKR easily could have decreased by a huge amount in those two countries