Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Then you misunderstood.The Avengers = Great popcorn fare that does not take itself seriouslyTDKR = Pretentious and long winding that takes itself way too seriously

I do love the clairvoyance of my sig. :lol:Seriously though, if you think Nolan intends these batman movies to be political, existential explorations then you've bought into the strawman argument purported by many of his detractors. As TDKR demonstrates, spectacle is his primary goal. If you think he fails at that, you're at least calling him out on something he was aiming for.
  • Like 4

Brave held well, according deadline's estimate (as I write this the actual could come out and I be wrong). IA4 opened less than Madagascar, Lorax, and Brave. I'm surprised it didn't drop over 60% as it seems audience don't like it as much. As I said before, these drops seem similar to the drops of hold overs when Avengers opened. At that time, all (except for THG) had 50%+ drops. So I'm not seeing this mass impact on theaters from the tragedy.We actually should be happy people still came out in big numbers this weekend and didn't give into fear and terrorism.

Everything went down from pre-shooting estimates including Brave and Madagascar so the shooting had an impact Edited by cremino

I don't mind being teased about this but in this case why does it matter? TDK is one of my fave movies of all time, so is Aliens. So why does my enjoyment of other films have anything to do with my issues with this one?

^^^^^LOVES TWILIGHT^^^^^^ Edited by theultimatebiu

I do love the clairvoyance of my sig. :lol:Seriously though, if you think Nolan intends these batman movies to be political, existential explorations then you've bought into the strawman argument purported by many of his detractors. As TDKR demonstrates, spectacle is his primary goal. If you think he fails at that, you're at least calling him out on something he was aiming for.

I love serious movies as much as the next guy. In fact 3 of the top 5 of my all-time best includes serious movies that are close to a running time of 3 hours long. But I want my SH movies to be entertain me rather than bore with unnecessary sequences that stretch the movie.
  • Like 1

For me, Noctis said it best right after he saw the film, he called it bloated and then I added to it saying it had too many carbs and it needed more protein, to trim down a bit. :)

I love serious movies as much as the next guy. In fact 3 of the top 5 of my all-time best includes serious movies that are close to a running time of 3 hours long. But I want my SH movies to be entertain me rather than bore with unnecessary sequences that stretch the movie.

:sadno: TDKR was too short in my opinion, and it is TA which had the unnecessary sequences (Not that TA wasn't a very enjoyable movie), and it had no where near the punch TDKR has.

What each of us are entertained by is not necessarily the same thing. As I've said before, I don't find Nolan's films deep. Nor do I find them subtle. But I do appreciate that they're essentially action/adventure films with a tad more meat on them than most others (whether through characterization, a couple of dramatic ideas, or both).

For me, Noctis said it best right after he saw the film, he called it bloated and then I added to it saying it had too many carbs and it needed more protein, to trim down a bit. :)

On a purely nutrition level that makes no sense. Protein does not trim you down.

I feel differently, it needed more room to breathe.
  • Like 1

On a purely nutrition level that makes no sense. Protein does not trim you down.

Sure it does. It builds muscle which gets rid of fat.

I feel differently, it needed more room to breathe.

Only because they wasted (or at the very least failed to make good use of/tried to do too much with ) it's already long running time. Edited by Adm56
  • Like 1