Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

ummA bit concerned with the lack of any mid day sellouts...No big nigh time sellouts and its around go time now...However the amount of screenings is the greatest I have seen in a while so...Have no Ideathinking 90 is the most now

Edited by Lordmandeep

What you have to keep in mind about TA though is it was early May and Nikki and THR were making stupid matinee projections off of it like it was the middle of summer, hence why they were lowballing it so bad. It's evening/night business was way better than matinees indicated, because they weren't accounting for the fact that it was early May. That won't be the case with TDKR. Matinees should give a fairly decent evening projection.

Perhaps, but I would think Batman is more of a night movie than matinee movie by a long shot. TDK was lowballed every day because of the fact that they didn't realize how well it would do at night.

LOL Yeah but she makes it a point to say TDKR is shattering all of the Avengers records, lol.

Unless people are holding off for the evening because they had awoken to the shooting news. It's possible.

How much does it NEED on Friday to break OW? Sat will be flat from Friday (minus the midnights), won't it? 80M OW = 50M sat, and no chance at 70M Sunday (to break the record). To have a chance, this needs Friday to be in the upper 90s, then a 60M+ sat and strong Sunday hold.

How much does it NEED on Friday to break OW? Sat will be flat from Friday (minus the midnights), won't it? 80M OW = 50M sat, and no chance at 70M Sunday (to break the record). To have a chance, this needs Friday to be in the upper 90s, then a 60M+ sat and strong Sunday hold.

Pretty much, but i think it'll flat slightly from Friday minus midnights.

With 30M midnights, it would be possible if it could edge out DH2's OD.

I still think people's response to something like this fades quickly, even on the scale of hours. Matinees will be more impacted by this than night shows, guaranteed.

Edited by Sims

Perhaps, but I would think Batman is more of a night movie than matinee movie by a long shot. TDK was lowballed every day because of the fact that they didn't realize how well it would do at night.

Yep. Let's not forget this skews older.

pretty much Friday needs to be around 95 million to have a chance at TA.As of now, early indiications are that TDKR is around TA business as of now in my area....However it appears late late night will be well ahead for TDKR.

I just want to make a quick announcement:I was around BOM forums for DH2's release, and during OD... sellouts were... not that strong. Yet it managed $47.5M. The only explanation here is the amount of screenings. And there were a lot of them. Fill out just half of them and you have a humongous OD.TDKR has even more. So a low amount of sellouts doesn't necessarily mean low OD...

I'm tempted to honor it here.

The Film Stage ‏@TheFilmStage

We're in. RT @colliderfrosty: Today is the day to get my peers to stop linking @NikkiFinke when we cover news. We can mention, but not link.

Not sure what happened here.

BKB is banned for 6 months! And iJack is suspended for 7 days! Why nobody told me this before??! Wonderful news!

It will be nice to have conversations with the adults.