Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

80m then. Does that mean room for increase or decrease?

Its a little low and movie´s usually drops from friday minus the midnights.But anything over OD - midnights will be a succes

Sorry...what exactly did you PROVE? I must have missed it...

That obviously that A. you are a troll and B. you didn't watch it in imax Edited by JackO

Low 80s is slightly disappointing as it takes 200m OW off the table and places 500m Total in jeopardy as well. But, all things considered, whether it be 450 or 500, it will still be a fine take for a fine finale to the greatest trilogy of them all(IMO and yes, that includes LOTR and SW).My original prediction for the past year or so was 88/188/450 and that looks to be pretty close. Recently, I got a bit excited and thought 100/200/500 was looking good, but I'm still happy with this result.And if Nikki's numbers come true, Spidey got killed as expected, just a bit worse than I hoped.But, ultimately, with the events of this past day, all of this just seems trivial and quite unimportant.

'Dark Knight' Shooting: In Gesture of Sympathy, Studios May Not Report Box Office Grosses This Weekend

Warner Bros. said late Friday afternoon that it wouldn't report weekend grosses for The Dark Knight Rises out of respect for the victims of the shooting, which occurred during a midnight screening of the film in the Denver suburb of Aurora.

Throughout the evening, other studios began indicating they would refrain from reporting grosses as well over the weekend. Ditto for Rentrak, the service that collects box office data from theater owners across the country.

Full Story - www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dark-knight-rises-shooting-no-box-office-report-352717

WHAT A FUCKING GRAND GESTURE THIS IS!

What has reporting numbers got to do with anything?

• Like 2

That obviously that A. you are a troll and B. you didn't watch it in imax

Yep. Didn't watch it in IMAX. Sadly not a a troll. But I WOULD like to use this space to officially apologize to all the Nolan Batman fans for how much the third movie in their trilogy paled in comparison to what came before it. I liked BB and TDK as much as you did...I just seem better at embracing my inner disappointment I guess. Thank you! I'll be here all week!

So, 81.4M is the target for TDKR. That number would make it the most attended OD ever.....91*0.45=40.9540.95/(7.93*1.3)=3.97m 3d tickets91*0.55=50.0550.05/7.93=6.31m 2d tickets3.97+6.31=10.28M tickets10.28*7.92= 81.4MOf course, TDKR will do a bit better in IMAX, so maybe 83M is a better target. Still mighty impressive.....

No she wouldn't have access, all her info comes from others and as mentioned before WB could block access to everyone if they desired very easilyat this point stick with 80m see how its going later

Thanks mate.80m it is then.

Yep. Didn't watch it in IMAX. Sadly not a a troll. But I WOULD like to use this space to officially apologize to all the Nolan Batman fans for how much the third movie in their trilogy paled in comparison to what came before it. I liked BB and TDK as much as you did...I just seem better at embracing my inner disappointment I guess. Thank you! I'll be here all week!

Geez. you're getting boring already. The guys who just registered last night maintained our interest longer.

Low 80s is slightly disappointing as it takes 200m OW off the table and places 500m Total in jeopardy as well. But, all things considered, whether it be 450 or 500, it will still be a fine take for a fine finale to the greatest trilogy of them all(IMO and yes, that includes LOTR and SW).My original prediction for the past year or so was 88/188/450 and that looks to be pretty close. Recently, I got a bit excited and thought 100/200/500 was looking good, but I'm still happy with this result.And if Nikki's numbers come true, Spidey got killed as expected, just a bit worse than I hoped.But, ultimately, with the events of this past day, all of this just seems trivial and quite unimportant.

Have you seen TDKR yet?

Goodnight everyone... Slept for maybe 5 hours out of the past 48... I'll be knocked out for a while, fully expect this thread at 250+ pages by the time I wake up so this current manifestation that I see will cease to exist by the time I'm next on. Seriously considering seeing TDKR again tomorrow because I'm not sure I can wait until Tuesday.

What did think of the movie

So, 81.4M is the target for TDKR. That number would make it the most attended OD ever.....91*0.45=40.9540.95/(7.93*1.3)=3.97m 3d tickets91*0.55=50.0550.05/7.93=6.31m 2d tickets3.97+6.31=10.28M tickets10.28*7.92= 81.4MOf course, TDKR will do a bit better in IMAX, so maybe 83M is a better target. Still mighty impressive.....

It would not give it an attendance record for day business however. TDK will still have sold more tickets. That's why low 80s is still disappointing.

Yeah, sometimes things need to be put in perspective. These are still great numbers. Edited by Eraserhead