Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

this opening weekend will be LESS than Spider-Man 3 adjusted

This opening weekend is bad, there is no other way to spin it.

Ah, thanks for giving me the answer!

(even if it wasn't your intention ;))

"TA all will roughly sell the same amount of tickets on OW, the difference is 3D for TA."Big difference is TA was not expected to come anywhere near that.

Edited by Lordmandeep

With a good 2nd weekend and legs this will do fine and $500m+ as people will just watch it later on and not on OW.It was not going to do $200M+ OW without 3D so if it beats DH2 OW that will be a success.

IMO, 500 was not going to be had even without the shooting. So 500 is definitely not going to be made with a 170-175 OW.

So the mentality is that if you go to TDKR you will die but if you go to any other movie than you should be fine?

That's a simplistic way of saying it, but yes. People probably think it's far more likely to happen at TDKR than Brave.

http://www.eonline.com/news/331958/is-the-dark-knight-rises-too-tough-to-watch-post-colorado-tragedyE Online: Is The Dark Knight Rises Too Tough To Watch after the Colorado ShootingTrust me, people are staying home just cause of the connection. With over 70 victims, that makes this the largest Mass Shooting in U.S. History. Even though it's not the highest death count, that belongs to Virigina Tech.

Bingo. And by theory, if parents are keeping their kids out of the movies, shouldn't IA4, Mad3 and Brave suffer 60-75% drops this weekend?

It happened at Batman. Not at any other movie.

Why aren't any other movies being affected by the shooting? They are all in line with predictions. Aren't people supposed to be afraid to go to the movies?

Who knows, Spidey fell 60% - that's more than most people thought. And these are just the estimates from Nikke, she may have easily overestimated it by 0.5M.

If a gunman wants to commit a mass killing, he/she is probably not going to shoot up a 4th week screening of Madea's Witness Protection.

So only Batman will be effected by this?

Well the thing is the film could pull of TA hold on Saturday however I do not think a film would go to getting rather low day business on Friday to getting TA, Spider Man level Saturday?

Edited by Lordmandeep

meh not happy with the box office.What is the "Bad WOM" BS I'm hearing. Who is spreading such lies?The movie has amazing WOM from what I'm hearing from friends & family & facebook so far.

WOM will be good but won't be near TDK. I thought movie was very good especially the ending but it has flaws, that will hurt the WOM.

People are already saying that they can't help but think about what happened yesterday in the back of their minds before, during or after watching TDKR.

Well, then I must be a cold hearted bastard because it never crossed my mind not to go and once the movie started, the shooting never entered my mind once.