Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think there are still people here that didn't understood that I never expected the OW record to be broken. My OW prediction was in the 180-190M range...

I haven't checked Nikki's figures yet, but that's crap for Spidey. It fell like 70%.

I am utterly shocked by that drop. I was expecting something big, but 70% drop? Just wow, something is very wrong...

I think there are still people here that didn't understood that I never expected the OW record to be broken. My OW prediction was in the 180-190M range...

180 to 190's were where alot of people had their predictions. Something that the haters are choosing to ignore.Only comfort I can find is that I absolutely nailed the Midnight figure. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 3

As I said you could take 30 million midnights and not end up over TA in any sort of reasonable projection.Simple...

But now it may not even match TDK unadjusted.not so simple

I am utterly shocked by that drop. I was expecting something big, but 70% drop? Just wow, something is very wrong...

Excpect big drops for every movie. Most of them will drop by over 60%. This weekend is going to end up killing many holdovers.

Damn, I just checked CNN.com to see if their covering was dying down. Nope. The top 10 or so news stories are all dedicated to the shooting.

I guarantee you that every network morning show and every broadcast evening news on Monday will lead with this story. The only question is whether they will be covering anything else.

But the first estimates released had Brave dropping just 24%. I know Nikki sucks at holdhovers, but it is now at 42%... and may drop more than that...

Of course. So did other kids movies in 2008

Damn, I just checked CNN.com to see if their covering was dying down. Nope. The top 10 or so news stories are all dedicated to the shooting.

The movie is doomed with all this media coverage. Damn that motherfucker James. He ruined TDKR results, and more importantly, killed 12 people that just wanted to spend a good time seeing one of the most expected movies of the year.

But now it may not even match TDK unadjusted.not so simple

And that would clearly be an affect of the tragedy if that were to happen. The point is those saying that 200 was in play before the shootings are using the shootings in the same manner the haters are to say "ha ha TDKR is a huge disappointment." We shouldn't be "using" a tragedy for box office purposes at all.

Of course. So did other kids movies in 2008

Yeah, I was checking the links and Wall-E almost dropped 50%. Harsh drop. Nikki really sucks at holdhovers... why the fuck do I still trust her in holdhovers? I still remember when THG was supposed to have a 75M 2nd weekend...

nv

Your point was that it was never going to match Avengers. Good. But obviously something is wrong if it is falling 20M below WB's lowball prediction pre-release.

And that would clearly be an affect of the tragedy if that were to happen. The point is those saying that 200 was in play before the shootings are using the shootings in the same manner the haters are to say "ha ha TDKR is a huge disappointment." We shouldn't be "using" a tragedy for box office purposes at all.

Um...okay. When has that happened?

Your point was that it was never going to match Avengers. Good. But obviously something is wrong if it is falling 20M below WB's lowball prediction pre-release.

People can also use the 'Sony also had MIB3 tracking at 90M over Memorial Day Weekend' argument.