Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think this will have a normal drop next weekend around 50% or so. I don't expect an amazing hold. Simply put, some people are put off from going to the theaters.Second, I don't know why were arguing about how much this impacted the gross. It seems everyone wants to say they are right. Those with low predictions say that this barely impacted the gross. Those with higher predictions claimed it impacted it a lot. The truth is, no one knows how much of an impact the shooting had. I think we should say the shooting had an impact and leave it at that.

50% is not a normal drop for a big July opening. TDK dropped 52.5% with amazing WOM and $12m lower midnights than TDKR. I'm curious to see how TDKR does on weekdays.
  • Like 1

Over 30 people were killed in the Virginia Tech massacre

V-Tech had the most deaths but only 53 were wounded. This breaks the record cause 71 people were shot even though only 12 died. Thank God James Holmes is a terrible shooter and more people didn't die but he still hit a lot of people and if that Bomb in his house went off we would of been talking more deaths. Edited by filmscholar

Personally I'm still on board for a 60-62% drop second weekend. The wOM for this is good, but not TDKR like. And even the good WOM still cannot overcome the fact that this may be a great movie, but it is dark and depressing and bleak. That, to me, does not seem like something that people will want to rush back to see again. Maybe I'm wrong, but at this point, I think this is logical.

Personally I'm still on board for a 60-62% drop second weekend. The wOM for this is good, but not TDKR like. And even the good WOM still cannot overcome the fact that this may be a great movie, but it is dark and depressing and bleak. That, to me, does not seem like something that people will want to rush back to see again. Maybe I'm wrong, but at this point, I think this is logical.

I agree, but I would also say that associating the film with that killer also taints it for some people. I'm not even talking a fear factor, but more or less blaming the killings on the film and people not wanting to see the film because they feel that will associate themselves with the kille.

Last time I thought about it I had the idea "being killed" is worse than *being wounded". But, whatsoever...

Your right, to me V-tech had more deaths so it's worst but the reason they say it's the worst cause 71 people could of died. The V-Tech Shooter had a better average than James but the fact is more people could of died in that Theater and in his Bombed up apartment than V-Tech. Both are terrible tradegy's in American History.

I could see it going two entirely opposite ways. One would be a conventional (60%+) drop next week. The other would be a strong (<50%) hold, based in part on people who felt uncomfortable going this weekend but decided to go next week. From what I'm seeing/hearing (absurdly small sample size), WOM is significantly better than what appears on forums like here.But honestly I have no idea.

Your right, to me V-tech had more deaths so it's worst but the reason they say it's the worst cause 71 people could of died. The V-Tech Shooter had a better average than James but the fact is more people could of died in that Theater and in his Bombed up apartment than V-Tech. Both are terrible tradegy's in American History.

It's crazy to think of how far that bastard went to plan everything.

B if this has a 60% drops we are now talking "Spider-man 3" terrority, Do you really think it's going to fall that hard? I agree it's showing signs of Frontloadedness but what if TDKR is going to be a weekend movie like TA?

Edited by filmscholar