Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I see from the posts that followed this that no one actually read this part:

In fact the entire moviegoing weekend should be up around +35% over last year

So more people went to the movies this weekend than last year...but some still want to claim the shootings kept people home?

Same thought here. When a movie has the 3rd biggest opening of all time....why would anyone be surprised when everything else takes a hit?

lol, the movie that opened last year on this same weekend was Captain America, so by default moviegoing will be up. It means absolutely nothing

I see from the posts that followed this that no one actually read this part:

In fact the entire moviegoing weekend should be up around +35% over last year

So more people went to the movies this weekend than last year...but some still want to claim the shootings kept people home?

That's because this time last year, DH2 was in its second weekend. It's hard to compare when you have massive movies like that.

Is it wrong that I don't find that very satisfying? But fair enough. It makes sense.

It is better the what most blockbuster do. Most do not even address a crisis help from the outside world.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

and if bruce called, apologized, and begged for his help? like alfred would leave him out in the cold. The prison could have been in mexico. we have no idea where it was, where gotham is, etc.and he being batman is a response. wayne manor is not located on the island. he had access to the cave and all his toys. for normal people, the bridges and tunnels are the only way off. batman clearly could get there some other way, it really doesnt warrant explaining.he could have build the batcave to continue to monitor the situation & possibly return if needed; he clearly jst wasnt needed until bane.alfred probably knew about bane the same way everyone knows about him. the fbi clearly knew about him, and bruce had access to their filesrewatch it; its not as sloppy as you guys think

Sorry but that is the thinnest explanation one can give. :)

And that's the overall difference. Keaton played the duel personalities better to me. And His Batman voice didn't need to be altered like Bale, he naturally switched the voices up better. Bale was the better Wayne, I will give him that. But Keaton was the better Wayne/Batman together which is the point of the character.

I never liked Keaton in either role. His acting talents are strong and that's why he wasn't a bigger distraction than he already was. I could not accept him being debonair and able to sweep ladies off their feet and I never accepted his body being able to do what is required of Batman. Kilmer and especially Bale have the physique necessary for Batman and both are very handsome men able to play the Bruce Wayne character. But Keaton? Nah.

Not wrong. I'm glad they addressed it though, unlike another superhero film earlier this year.

If youre talking about The Avengers, the attack lasted a couple hours at most. Gotham was held captive for how long, 3 months? Longer? Mustve been a lot of boiled shoe leather dinners if they weren't getting outside supplies for that long

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

AND?

I've decided I'm ok with the flaws. It didn't feel like a trainwreck the second time around, the way I thought it would- especially considering my heightened awareness of the weaknesses in the film. Yes it's overlong and at times a bit bloated and nonsensical, but I'm satisfied with the sum of its parts. Probably my biggest annoyance is the wonky sense of time in the plot. I love the ending. I love Catwoman. I love the focus on Bruce.

And I think I exaggerated Bane's neutering. YES he is ultimately a toss-away character at the end but only after 2 hours of dominance. As good of a payoff it is for Catwoman, Bane does deserve a better death scene but as far as his demotion to henchman- I'm fine with it. Talia was pulling the strings the whole time and it's easier to notice she was in charge when watching it back (posturing into Wayne Enterprises, tipping off Bane for the truck recon, CIA meetup etc). Her death scene was not that bad. I thought her acting was great after she knifed Batman. After first viewing I was a little annoyed that they "pussied out" and let Bruce live, but that payoff shot at the end is worth it. It's obvious at all but you're happy that he's found some peace and is able to leave Batman behind.