Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Not really. The Avengers is exactly what it claims to be. It is a fun popcorn blockbuster that does not take itself seriously. It is not pretending to be some deep analysis of the psyche of a superhero nor it is pretending to provide commentary about the political and economic situation in the US.

Neither is TDKR, funnily enough.
  • Like 1

Ice Age: Continental Drift $20,416,978 -56%Brave $6,024,987 -46%Moonrise Kingdom $1,831,471 -51%To Rome with Love $1,400,043 -43%Beasts of the Southern Wild $763,443 -3%Marvel's The Avengers $620,411 -56%The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $416,791 -36%Prometheus $310,395 -68%Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter $184,370 -76%I'll try to keep these on the current page, as this thread is going to go fastBaumer, you can delete my old posts if needed

Where are you getting these numbers?

Ice Age: Continental Drift $20,416,978 -56%Brave $6,024,987 -46%Moonrise Kingdom $1,831,471 -51%To Rome with Love $1,400,043 -43%Beasts of the Southern Wild $763,443 -3%Marvel's The Avengers $620,411 -56%The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $416,791 -36%Prometheus $310,395 -68%Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter $184,370 -76%I'll try to keep these on the current page, as this thread is going to go fastBaumer, you can delete my old posts if needed

Just make a new thread.

Baumer, he's Bruce Wayne, he knows people, of course it's possible to get into the US without being detected, just be prepared to shell out a hundred thousand bucks or so.

:P And, Wayne manor isn't acutally in the city limits, or on the island, so he probably went back to the manor first, and then managed to sneak in.

So he presumably walked somewhere, found someone he knew, had them lend him some money, find a person who can make a phoney passport, get a flight to the US, get in, go to Wayne Manor, find Potter's invisibility cloak and walk into Gotham undetected, then used his Bat senses to find Selina? Ok, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. My bad.

:)

• Like 1

As far as the street art goes:

Don't you agree that it would be more powerful as a 'hope for the people of Gotham moment'if they showed a shot of people reacting to it? They had 165 minutes of movie for crissakes!

Actually yes, I do agree with that. Like I said elsewhere, more Gothamites in the movie would have been nice.

Baumer likes Twilight. END OF DISCUSSION

I don't mind being teased about this but in this case why does it matter? TDK is one of my fave movies of all time, so is Aliens. So why does my enjoyment of other films have anything to do with my issues with this one?
  • Like 2

Neither is TDKR, funnily enough.

TDKR takes itself too seriously and wants to project the director's version of a superhero movie that wants to be realistic. You cannot have it both ways.

So he presumably walked somewhere, found someone he knew, had them lend him some money, find a person who can make a phoney passport, get a flight to the US, get in, go to Wayne Manor, find Potter's invisibility cloak and walk into Gotham undetected, then used his Bat senses to find Selina? Ok, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. My bad.

Or is Bruce Wayne immortal, his methods supernatural?
  • Like 2

There was a city in the near distance when he climbs out from the prison, and if he walked there, he could've easily found a phone, and dealth with the rest of the

"problems" you mentioned. :lol:

Well if you can get over all the problems in Twilight, and Transformers this should be an easy feat. :P

Brave held well, according deadline's estimate (as I write this the actual could come out and I be wrong). IA4 opened less than Madagascar, Lorax, and Brave. I'm surprised it didn't drop over 60% as it seems audience don't like it as much. As I said before, these drops seem similar to the drops of hold overs when Avengers opened. At that time, all (except for THG) had 50%+ drops. So I'm not seeing this mass impact on theaters from the tragedy.We actually should be happy people still came out in big numbers this weekend and didn't give into fear and terrorism.

Nope, everything went down from the estimates pre-shooting

That's not what you said in the post I responded to, though.

Then you misunderstood.The Avengers = Great popcorn fare that does not take itself seriouslyTDKR = Pretentious and long winding that takes itself way too seriously
  • Like 1