Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

So Paris premiere is cancelled. And how can Nikki attack WB for the trailer? It's not like they knew what would happen

She's attacking them for letting it continue to play with some matinees after the shooting ("ALL MORNING"), but really, what does that mean? One showtime?

Give me a break. That scene is maybe 4 or 5 seconds within that trailer. Somebody who says that small scene motivated a massacre must have lost his marbles.

It surely didn't motivate the massacre, it's just a bit tasteless to keep it in the trailer though after what happened.

This is going to be the main huge negative effect what happened will have on the box office...many, many people, who were previously excited to go see TDKR or casually planned on going, will now say that their mood has changed, etc. and perhaps decide to go at a later time of at all. They don't want to sit in the theater and be reminded of the tragedy and think about that the whole time, etc.

Maybe the film itself will make them feel better?

come on, did WB really have time to send a new trailer to all the theaters nationwide? And if they could, would that prevent some theaters from not noticing fast enough and still playing the old one for a while? jeez

Edited by wboxoffice

I can't believe how terrible people are. You have to worry about being shot at work, at the mall, at the movies. You just can't be safe. Such a sick fucking world.Anyways, in terms of box office, this is not going to do nearly as well as it would have. The midnights are disappointing to me. It should at least have beat Twilight comfortably to negate the 3D argument. Batman has fanboys and started the midnight craze.The numbers from here on out should be affected though. I mean think about it..........maybe you still want to go, but I would bet that most parents who were thinking about taking kids will not go. At least not this weekend. Seeing the news of little kids being shot goes right to the fucking heart and nobody cares that its a .00000001 % chance it will happen to them, its enough to drive you crazy and make you not want to sit in a theater for 3 fucking hours thinking about people getting shot while you're watching a movie.

I got through 20 pages of this thread before I skipped to the end.Firstly on the tragedy.. My heart goes out to all the people effected by this devastating event :( Secondly, this is a box office site. Yes people should be sensitive about this, but that does not mean we should stop talking about box office. Should we stop flying planes because of 9/11? Hopefully the stupidity by both sides in the 'augment' at the start of this thread never happen again.. sadly thats not the case.Thirdly, decent Midnight for TDKR. Though I was hoping for $30+.I still see a 170-195M weekend, but I have no idea how its going to effect TDKR.

I can't believe how terrible people are. You have to worry about being shot at work, at the mall, at the movies. You just can't be safe. Such a sick fucking world.

Anyways, in terms of box office, this is not going to do nearly as well as it would have. The midnights are disappointing to me. It should at least have beat Twilight comfortably to negate the 3D argument. Batman has fanboys and started the midnight craze.

The numbers from here on out should be affected though. I mean think about it..........maybe you still want to go, but I would bet that most parents who were thinking about taking kids will not go. At least not this weekend. Seeing the news of little kids being shot goes right to the fucking heart and nobody cares that its a .00000001 % chance it will happen to them, its enough to drive you crazy and make you not want to sit in a theater for 3 fucking hours thinking about people getting shot while you're watching a movie.

That's what I fear I won't be able to control thinking about tonight when I see it.

Today, I'm actually glad the movie doesn't open around here for two weeks

Kinda thinking the same.Did you went to Colombo? That shit is crazy! They have over 30 posters, 5 banners and lots of standees for TDKR! They have nothing else for other movies!

The shooting is more than unfortunate, and my thoughts are with the victims and their families. Thousands of people die every day, but as filmgoers, this hits us particularly hard.However, nobody could have anticipated such a tragedy, and I am dreading the media circus that is already starting to accompany this development.

Kinda thinking the same.Did you went to Colombo? That shit is crazy! They have over 30 posters, 5 banners and lots of standees for TDKR! They have nothing else for other movies!

II live in Espinho, I'll see the movie at the Arrabida Shopping, but I haven't been there in a while

II live in Espinho, I'll see the movie at the Arrabida Shopping, but I haven't been there in a while

Arrabida Shopping is huge. Probably is full of TDKR posters and banners too.

It's sad and tragic that this weeknd is overshadowed by this awful event. We should be celebrating the triumph of the one of the best trilogies ever made. I don't know when will the news hit the UK audience big time, but it's certainly not tonight. Things are going batshit crazy, we're removing the evening shows of Spidey and adding two additional shows of TDKR. It's already running in 60% of the screens, now it's up to 80%, occupying nearly every screen.

What fucking horrible news. I want this psycho to suffer the most painful kind of death imaginable. Elijah Wood in Sin City comes to mind...

Spending forever in jail, at least to me, would be worse.