Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think Friday will suffer but Saturday will be the biggest ever.

I doubt it. Not in July. No school in session to keep demand from being burned off during Friday matinees. Edited by Orestes

The fact is as I said earlier this morning. This will effect the psychology and the media is all over it non-stop right now, all channels. This is huge. The President has now made another statement and cancelled his campaign tour today. I still think people should go and enjoy the movie cause it's good but there is no doubt this will effect box office.

You know what's really sad about it? Even WB's corporate sibling CNN (both owned by Time Warner) was running headlines that said "Batman Movie Massacre." That's just awful.

I think Friday will suffer but Saturday will be the biggest ever.

I find it very hard to believe that this will pull in 70 million on a Saturday in late July. Doesn't work like that.Saturday will be flat or decrease from the non-midnight Friday gross. Edited by Moviefanatic

I just saw the trailer for Gangster Squad, that scene would draw a lot of connections to this shooting but I don't think anyone could blame WB or the movie because they had no way of knowing. It's just unfortunate timing I guess, and it affected Neighbourhood Watch as well.

That is kind of odd, especially considering its usually white dudes who carry out these kinds of mass shootings.

I believe the in recent years we have the AZ shooting, white guy, and the Fort Hood shooting, Islamic radical. Was the Virginia one some white guy? The DC sniper was an Islamic radical.

I believe the in recent years we have the AZ shooting, white guy, and the Fort Hood shooting, Islamic radical. Was the Virginia one some white guy? The DC sniper was an Islamic radical.

Virginia Tech guy was asian

• Founder / Operator

For all those who submitted reports over the last 12-24 hours, please check the Help Desk pinned topic with banned/suspended users for an update. We've addressed several members who caused some concerns overnight.

You know what's really sad about it? Even WB's corporate sibling CNN (both owned by Time Warner) was running headlines that said "Batman Movie Massacre." That's just awful.

On CNN for me it says Gunman kills 12 in Colorado Movie Theaterhttp://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1Any statements by WB or Chris Nolan yet.This trilogy had a lot bad thing happen to people2 died in TDK1 crew and 1 extra and now this massacre during the TDKR.
  • Like 1