Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

For all those who submitted reports over the last 12-24 hours, please check the Help Desk pinned topic with banned/suspended users for an update. We've addressed several members who caused some concerns overnight.

Will do Boss

Gotta love predictable reactions to this on Facebook, Twitter etc though. One half immediately demanding stricter gun control laws, the other half demanding none at all and condescendingly noting how "nobody would have died if I was in that theater with my 9 glock" etc etc :rolleyes:

I just woke up feeling that this won't have as much of an impact on box office like I thought yesterday. It'll probably affect the OW, but people will end up seeing the movie in the next few days. And I'm glad only 12 people died, and not 14 like they were reporting,

You know what's really sad about it? Even WB's corporate sibling CNN (both owned by Time Warner) was running headlines that said "Batman Movie Massacre." That's just awful.

Yea all the headlines were "Batman Massacre" or "The Dark Knight Movie Massacre". The craziest part about this is last night I reported Cops at the movie theater in NYC and now the Mayor is putting the NYPD in theaters all across the whole entire city. L.A. is reporting the same. It seems in Big Cities the chance of a copy cat is really greater but this happen in a small town. Again it's sad cause I really enjoyed the movie and left the theater with a smile on my face. I get home and hear this and it just ruined the experience. I feel so hurt and sad for those people. As someone who has seen so many movies at Midnight, All I could think is "This could of been me, I see midnights all the time". I'm sorry for those people, I really am. I'm also sorry for the Cast and Crew of TDRK cause this shouldn't of happen, they just wanted to give us joy at the theater. I heard WB cancelled the Paris premier and sources are saying Nolan and crew are devastated by the news.

Gotta love predictable reactions to this on Facebook, Twitter etc though. One half immediately demanding stricter gun control laws, the other half demanding none at all and condescendingly noting how "nobody would have died if I was in that theater with my 9 glock" etc etc :rolleyes:

Yea I am seeing that too. Very predictable.

For all those who submitted reports over the last 12-24 hours, please check the Help Desk pinned topic with banned/suspended users for an update. We've addressed several members who caused some concerns overnight.

So BKB is banned? I hope he made a comment on how the midnight number is disappointing already...

The logic of "People should of been able to have a gun in a theater" doesn't fly to me. My brother lives in Japan and guns are illegal there, they only have to deal with Knife violence. Until America addresses the Gun Issue there will be more shootings like this, it's only a matter of time. But because of "The Right To Bear Arms" and the massive Gun lobbies like the NRA, people are so scared to address this. I'm a military kid and I've been around all types of guns my whole life. But I personally am 100% for gun control. This shouldn't of happen.

Yea all the headlines were "Batman Massacre" or "The Dark Knight Movie Massacre". The craziest part about this is last night I reported Cops at the movie theater in NYC and now the Mayor is putting the NYPD in theaters all across the whole entire city. L.A. is reporting the same. It seems in Big Cities the chance of a copy cat is really greater but this happen in a small town.

I wouldn't exactly call Aurora small. Its population is 300,000+ and is essentially Denver's neighbor. And it happened in a big multiplex. Edited by tribefan695

I can confirm that WB requested the immediate removal of the GS trailer. Yes MoS is playing before TDKR in regular screens, but not in real IMAX. As of the film, it is truly great, not as good as TDK, but beats every franchise threequel. The crowd reaction was fantastic so far, not sure how this tragic event will effect its run, but under normal circumstances it's locked for 3x multiplier.