Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

And it's an amazing experience, when 1700 rise to their feet, and clap for a movie.

I can imagine..We have a 1100 seater and thats fucking huge..

The door should only open from the inside, it shouldn't be opened from the outside.I heard an interview with a person in the theater and they had different stories where the attacker came from. Did he come from the side door outside the theater or from the inside.

That's the only way I've ever seen those doors. I was thinking there was no way he could kick it in. Strange.

Yes, it's gone. Not because of the midnight number, but because it wasn't realistic to begin with.

Exactly. Avengers just made everyone think this had a great chance.
  • Like 1

A lot of strange stuff with this franchise.1. Batman Begins is released, but gets completely overshadowed by the brand new Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes romance.2. A stuntman dies during the filming The Dark Knight.3. Heath Ledger dies 6 months before The Dark Knight's theatrical release.4. Morgan Freeman is nearly killed in a car accident just days after The Dark Knight's release.5. The Dark Knight Rises is released at midnight, but gets completely overshadowed when a gunman named Holmes slaughters a bunch of people at a midnight screening of the film.Unreal. Maybe the most cursed franchise we've seen in a long time.

So true!But the SuperMan franchise (Reeves, Kidder) is sad too.

This is now much more the theater's fault. I've never been to a theater in ANY country where the exit door was unlocked from the outside.

Edited by Noctis

$30.64m! Yes! Great news!$190m just became a lot more easier.

This is just too good to pass up.Since you are the grammar police here for so many others, something is either "190 just became much easier" or "190 mill just became a lot more easy" It's not a LOT MORE EASIER. :P
  • Like 1

A lot of strange stuff with this franchise.

1. Batman Begins is released, but gets completely overshadowed by the brand new Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes romance.

2. A stuntman dies during the filming The Dark Knight.

3. Heath Ledger dies 6 months before The Dark Knight's theatrical release.

4. Morgan Freeman is nearly killed in a car accident just days after The Dark Knight's release.

5. The Dark Knight Rises is released at midnight, but gets completely overshadowed when a gunman named Holmes slaughters a bunch of people at a midnight screening of the film.

Unreal. Maybe the most cursed franchise we've seen in a long time.

I have been watching the TV since the news broke this morning. Since this is a box office thread, has there been any discussion here yet about how this might affect the box office of this movie going forward over the weekend? Already in USAToday.com there are folks being quoted as saying that they will stay away from this movie opening this weekend (and theaters in general) out of fear of copycat crimes. I don't know the plot at all of this movie as I have kept myself from reading anything so that I can be totally suprised but there seem to be similarities to this guy coming into a theater with a gas mask.... and the look of Bane, the main villian in the movie. Anybody think that box office will be affected this weekend due fears of this event? Police are stationed at many theaters in major locations right now (NYC, etc). :(

This is just too good to pass up.Since you are the grammar police here for so many others, something is either "190 just became much easier" or "190 mill just became a lot more easy" It's not a LOT MORE EASIER. :P

Grammar police got owned!
  • Like 1