lilmac

Is Christopher Nolan among the alltime greats?

Surely people are only all time greats depending on who's opinion we view it from, so basically, there will never be a 'yes' or 'no' answer to this thread.

I think that this entire forum can stand behind an opinion that Scorsese is one of the greatest ... therefore I think that general consensus can be achieved you just have to be as great as Scorsese is ;)

I feel like most directors today are nothing like the great all pretty much overrated. Nolan, Cameron, Fincher,and Aronofsky. I love all these directors but there movies are like their past films they never try to make something different.

Cameron is not "directors today". He made some of his most impactful films in the 80's. And he got already proven to among the all time greatests. Nolan and Fincher's major works were in late 90's or after that, and they still need more time to be recognized to be in that position Edited by vc2002

He has a new movie in mind. Yay!  At least I assume it's a movie.

Looks like it's a ways off. No further details but it's good to see that he's working on something.

http://time.com/3830636/christopher-nolan-time-100-gala-writers-block/

Huh, I never knew that Time 100 included an actual event, I thought it was just an annual feature on the magazine.

Dat bump tho.

*shrug* It was better than creating a new thread....

Nolan needs his Titanic or ET still.

Once he handles a completely different type of film and it's great the conversation can be had

I think he has already shown range as far as genres.

Range is overrated.

Carpenter.

De palma.

Cameron.

Woody Allen, I know some people would consider he has range but all of his films have the same Woody tropes whatever the story he is telling.

Htchcock maybe.

• Like 1