CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Well, Minions final gross won't even be sniffing TS3. After today, Minions will have made 5 million less it's first week. TS3 had a 13 million Thursday, Minions should be around 11 million tomorrow, followed by a59 million dollar 2nd weekend. I don't see Minions getting a60 million weekend as some are predicting coming off of a lesser week than TS3 first week. The real slaughter will begin with weekday numbers that Minions won't match for comparable 2nd and 3rd weeks and TS3 followed its 59 million 2nd weekend with a 43 million extended 3rd weekend.

In the end, the numbers prove it won't even be close and Minions won't be reaching 400 million.

The only hope is a surprise Thursday increase tomorrow followed by a 60 million dollar weekend and TINY decreases next week but I think it still can't keep up with that 3rd weekend TS3 number and following dailies.

Edited by Planodisney

Well, Minions final gross won't even be sniffing TS3. After today, Minions will have made 5 million less it's first week. TS3 had a 13 million Thursday, Minions should be around 11 million tomorrow, followed by a59 million dollar 2nd weekend. I don't see Minions getting a60 million weekend as some are predicting coming off of a lesser week than TS3 first week. The real slaughter will begin with weekday numbers that Minions won't match for comparable 2nd and 3rd weeks and TS3 followed its 59 million 2nd weekend with a 43 million extended 3rd weekend.

In the end, the numbers prove it won't even be close and Minions won't be reaching 400 million.

The only hope is a surprise Thursday increase tomorrow followed by a 60 million dollar weekend and TINY decreases next week but I think it still can't keep up with that 3rd weekend TS3 number and following dailies.

Slaughtered!!! How embarrassing for Universal. Comcast will be firing all the NBCUniversal executives Monday morning.

• Like 1

TMZ : Breaking

BLANKMENTS EXPOSED !

View at your own risk :

Holy shit, this is the worst channel I've ever come across on YouTube her Paper Towns video made me want to jump of a building because she clearly doesn't understand Jack shit

People are severely underestimating the effect mediocre at best word of mouth for Minions will have on DM3. Unless early buzz is off the charts for DM3, it will struggle mightily to reach 300 million. I hate this because of the huge investment and large chunk of land USH has devoted to this franchise. They better make damn sure DM3 equals or surpasses DM in terms of quality or they are gonna have another dead animated franchise (Shreck) taking up valuable space in their parks. The problem is that the product didn't even come close to matching the insane buzz and marketing and the follow up always suffers when that happens.

• Like 1

Looks like it. I think it's Saturday numbers, along with everyone's, are gonna go down, but encouraging sign for Minions. Maybe it's going to be a Tuesday, Saturday flick. Tracking right along with Inside Out if those last 2 day numbers hold. We will see if it hits IO 52 million 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

Banana!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guys, what's your expectations for Minions in China?

Some say 1 billion Yuan, others say 500 million Yuan, and some are in between 600-700 Yuan

Thoughts?

Edit: in Chinese currency not USD :)

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1